News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Intel Core i7-12800HX is insane: MSI Raider GE67 HX 12UGS laptop review

Started by Redaktion, July 14, 2022, 00:25:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Galixte

Quote from: rebelstar on August 22, 2022, 00:17:18Any users with PWM sensitivity? Do you have any migraine? One thing stops me from ordering this laptop is that I don't know how my eyes will react to it. And after I can't return it back because it will be delivered to me by my friend from another country when he comes back. Author says 480hz is okay but... 🙄
Also how come that the same OLED screen used in Blade 15 doesn't have PWM and GE67 HX does?

Yes I'm and I didn't encounter any migraine with this screen.

rebelstar

Quote from: Galixte on August 28, 2022, 03:00:19
Quote from: rebelstar on August 22, 2022, 00:17:18Any users with PWM sensitivity? Do you have any migraine? One thing stops me from ordering this laptop is that I don't know how my eyes will react to it. And after I can't return it back because it will be delivered to me by my friend from another country when he comes back. Author says 480hz is okay but... 🙄
Also how come that the same OLED screen used in Blade 15 doesn't have PWM and GE67 HX does?

Yes I'm and I didn't encounter any migraine with this screen.

Thank you! I'm only few steps away to order it. Gathering reviews now from people with sensitivity to PWM. On reddit some guys wrote that they returned their GE67 because of migraine. So I'm still hesitate

Bill

Hey guys, I brought this laptop and did some investigation before deciding on returning it or not, here are a few things that I found different than in the review:

• Idle keyboard temperature was about 36 C during test, way higher than what was reported in the review, on par with other laptop of the same size.  In the review, it was reported to be way cooler than the competitors, one of the main reason I brought this laptop.
  • During stress test, keyboard temperature was only about 42 C, also way higher than reported, but in-line with other competitors.
  • 3Dmark Time Spy score is mostly correct.  I was getting slightly higher at 12,000 with performance mode, no over clocking.  And under balanced mode getting about 11,200.
  • The screen is definitely very pretty, I definitely can't denie there.
  • Keyboard RGB light is so dim that its not visible when the room lights are on.

Overall, I feel the only reason to get this laptop is for the pretty screen, everything else is on-par with competitor.  Personally I find the plastic casing and aesthetic to be sub-par, I personally prefer a more professional look ( I guess I am old ).

Bill

Oh yeah also forgot to mention, the power brick is indeed comically large, like it's heavier than some smaller laptops. 

orgasmic

Hello, can i ask you about this laptop?
I am thinking to buy also because of OLED panel and gaming power.
I saw an one review on internet that there is a problem with HDR.
A guy  review weren't able to activate HDR in Windows and also in all games with HDR support.
Is it still there the issue or not?

Thank you so much.

Galixte

Quote from: orgasmic on October 24, 2022, 13:04:57Hello, can i ask you about this laptop?
I am thinking to buy also because of OLED panel and gaming power.
I saw an one review on internet that there is a problem with HDR.
A guy  review weren't able to activate HDR in Windows and also in all games with HDR support.
Is it still there the issue or not?

Thank you so much.

Hi,

I didn't encounter any issue with activating HDR, in games as in video. I maintain the BIOS up to date and all the drivers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview