News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2020 Razer Blade Pro 17 Review: Do you really need a 300 Hz Laptop?

Started by Redaktion, June 27, 2020, 18:52:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's the first 17.3-inch gaming laptop to offer refresh rate options greater than 240 Hz. Unless if you're a super enthusiast, however, it's gonna be hard to tell the difference between 300 Hz and last year's 240 Hz panel.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2020-Razer-Blade-Pro-17-Review-Do-you-really-need-a-300-Hz-Laptop.477374.0.html

S.Yu

Well that's embarrassing, Blade 17 manages double digit gains in graphics compared to Blade 15 with the same GPU, yet also manages double digit "gains" in noise, which is far worse since dbs are logarithmic.

ariliquin

20% slower than the ASUS G14, for a flagship high end product from a gaming only company that's got to be embarrassing. So you could spend twice as much and get a machine 20% slower? Asus G14 also won the EHA best gaming laptop award. Still no AMD option from Razer, why?

Muhammad Anhar

Quote from: ariliquin on June 28, 2020, 01:34:24
20% slower than the ASUS G14, for a flagship high end product from a gaming only company that's got to be embarrassing. So you could spend twice as much and get a machine 20% slower? Asus G14 also won the EHA best gaming laptop award. Still no AMD option from Razer, why?

Well Razer isn't primarily a big company who makes computer, so it could take years for them to use AMD, but who knows maybe next year.

RSS

this new model is the same, only difference is the 10th gen intel and the dpc latency issue, better to buy last year model with 9th gen intel + 2080 maxq imo...

RSS

ariliquin  why? why no one release a top laptop with amd? my guess is amd would be too hot in this small chassy, check G14 and dell g5 how hot this super amd is....

QZ

I just bought this exact model.
Couple of things:
1. Mine shipped with a Samsung SSD, not a Lite-On one.

2. When the rear fans rev up, there's a significant noise made initially for a second or two. The sound almost feels similar to what a mechanical hard drive sounds like under load. I'm wondering if that's normal.

3. For the GPU switching, Razer Synapse only has 2 options, either use dedicated GPU only, or auto-switch between dedicated and integrated GPU using Nvidia Optimus. Nowhere does it have an option to manually switch the GPU.

JamesH

For the price and size of the chassis, on would think there would be more than just two storage slots available. Also, a 17" laptop without a number pad?  There are much better choices out there.  Buying a name doesn't mean you're buying a great product.

unknown_1

Good article.
Great machine but where are the Page Up, Page Down, Home and End buttons????.

d3viL

What? Asus G14 has a compiled score of 84% on this website.
Number of reasons why:

1.120 Hz max compared to Razer's 300Hz
2. No 4K UHD, touchscreen, glossy, or OLED options. Razer has a number of options.
3. Horrible screen response times compared to most gaming notebooks.
4. No extra storage slots inside. Razor has secondary M.2 NVMe slot.
5. Has Intel 660p SSD compared to Razer's Samsung PM981 which is much faster.
6. No per-key RGB lighting. Razer Chroma RGB ecosystem is hands down the best in the world.
7. No webcam or a SD card.
8. Fan noise is horrible.

Razer with Nvidia 2070 Max-Q outperformed some gaming laptops with 2080 Max-Q in terms of performance.
I could go on but I suggest you read the G14 review on this website. The only really plus on the G14 is the CPU performance but that's about it.
Trust me pick up a Razer and compare the chassis with the G14 and you will be surprised how well made and polished the Razer feels.

Quote from: ariliquin on June 28, 2020, 01:34:24

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview