News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Well-known tech YouTuber declares PS5 dead, wants to provide proof by building his own PC for the same price and fails all along the line

Started by Redaktion, March 11, 2024, 16:20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

L

1. Most new PC parts will slaughter a PS5. Using the used market makes for an easier comparison, and PC warranties last longer than a PS5.

2. You didn't add mandatory online fees, which add another $400

3. Linus never said consoles were dead in a video.

TL/DR: You fucked it up in so many ways, you couldn't have more even if you tried. I named just 3 examples how.

Just saying...

This ad brought to you by Sony.

(Honestly, how else did "PlayStation" get the number of dislikes on the LTT video. See caption below video embed.)

Kylec

Dude first you barely need any skill to build a PC there are tutorials everywhere on the internet. Second if piggybacking off a YouTube video and bring incredibly biased towards an option is game journalism then maybe I should be one haha

Maxwell S

Not the best article really, I mean for what you're writing on,I'm surprised you didn't bring up any mini PC or laptop or even the steamdeck that can still provide lots of gameplay potential at the same price as a ps5 (SD can run helldivers 2 for example)

Plus with any of them, you can start to buy a PC library of games that you can use forever even if you don't like the options of what you bought. If you bought a game you like on ps5 but don't like the console, you're stuck with that game on ps5.

And yeah starting with building a whole PC would be intimidating, but learning how to do a ssd swap in the steamdeck or ram upgrade in a laptop would be good experience.

Somebody

I dont trust parts mainly because you never know if something is wrong with them, you can not trust every seller to  be truthful.

JustFacts

Console vs PC is basically tell me you are broke without telling me. If you can't afford to get a Console and a PC , you should be out there working on your finances lmao

Lol

Kind of missed the entire point of the video.  It's dispelling the myth that for a competent gaming PC setup you need thousands of dollars.

You don't.

If you want to spend less, you can, and still get a machine that is good enough.

You can always upgrade as well, bit by bit. Consoles the option is 'add storage' or 'buy a new one'

PC and consoles both are great, but in the long run the computer is far more flexible.

Sftech

Hate the article or not, the premise is silly.  Anyone that says otherwise is likely being a homer to PCs.

Commenters crying that the article is missing the point when the YouTube video itself is titled "Let's kill the PS5" when nothing in the video comes close to actually doing that is funny.

Let's take out the building needed, the lack of warranties, the lack of a dedicated OS specific to the hardware, the lack of dedicated and exclusive games support, the size, the ease of use and you know...all the actual reasons to buy a console and just look at the hardware because that's all that really matters.

Then I guess it's sort of almost the same.  Except for the fact that they are used, likely cost more than is presented after taxes, shipping and whatever other fees, have no support and likely would require far more tinkering .... but you know it can play a handful of games with a decent FPS.

lol...gotta love gamers

YourArticleIsBadQuitNow

what a lazy article, the point of the video was to show that used hardware prices are coming down. Did you even watch? Linus mentions how PC still doesn't beat a PS5 dollar for dollar with new hardware and it still barely does used. However, he mentions that most PC users already have a system that can now be upgraded with cheaper used components, making it cheaper for them to upgrade than to buy a PS5. Consoles sell at a loss to upcharge on peripherals and their game stores, PC new hardware will likely never again be cheaper.

FeelsGouda

Without trying to defend any side:

You should label this as an opinion piece because that is what this is.

There is no new insight or value in any of this, apart from it showing that you apparently do not like the channel/the video.

Especially that last sentence, "It is therefore unlikely that many gamers will follow the YouTuber's example and build their own PC from used hardware instead of buying a PS5." does not belong in any objective article. At least if you are not an oracle that can see the future.

voidSM

Please retire from writing articles. Used components are fine as long as you know what you're doing. Like someone else said, LTT is meant to show you scenarios, just in an entertaining way. I have used components and my PC runs perfectly fine.

Lamar

Excuse me, do you have something against LLT's YouTube page because that's all you proved in this article.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview