News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ethiopia becomes first country to ban internal combustion engines: Only EVs allowed

Started by Redaktion, February 11, 2024, 15:59:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

The facade of no longer importing fossil fuel in full force. The reality today is Ethiopia will be importing the same fossil fuel in another form for a unit price that's much higher. It will look pretty on paper during the first 2 years, but the reality check will come after that when your EV cars faces major technical issues and it cost a whole car to fix. Your people will be the one complaining. We will see.

Geewiz

Glad they got their priorities straight and resolved the starving population issues first.

John niko

Quote from: Volt on February 12, 2024, 06:48:03I lived in ethiopia and they don't have the infrastructure to fully transition to an ev only country.
Lol, USA doesn't even have the infrastructure to do this.... we get our electric turned off if too many air conditioners run at the same time, and I'm in NYC.

Brian Johnston

Leeds

So we went from horses people water wind to steam. From steam to electricity. From Electricity to combustion engine. And then from combustion engine to ?. Why stop when we have always looked for a better way, it's not that they can't do it it's that they don't want to make the change, to much money caught up in their bullsh$t.

Finetime Fontaine

Finally a place to dump all of those massively depreciated low range ev's. Thank you Ethiopia....

Suckerberg

The sheer number of experts on the matters of economy, environment and sociology is simply astounding

Frank Martin

Fanja

Ethiopia builds car now. So import might by EV but traditional cars might be produced within the country. The move might prevent dumping used cars in Ethiopia.

NikoB

Quote from: Fanja on February 15, 2024, 10:12:15Ethiopia builds car now. So import might by EV but traditional cars might be produced within the country. The move might prevent dumping used cars in Ethiopia.
Like other extremely backward countries, it cannot do anything without components from developed countries. Even Russia can't.

Les

I really hope they enjoy not having vehicles then. Company's are dropping EV"s like crazy now and going towards hydrogen. EV"s were the worst thing to EVER happen to the automobile industry.

Jean du Toit

Quote from: Sky on February 12, 2024, 03:45:06
Quote from: Swizzy on February 11, 2024, 20:08:07So old vehicles will be repaired until they are 100% gone and then what? Buy a 25k EV? Some money probably changed hands, this isn't a sane decision.

You can buy a $1000 ev car from China

Don't know what you're talking about, do you?

The cheapest imported Chinese EV in South Africa is over  $ 35,000. I don't know where you get a $ 1,000 EV from, but I'm guessing it's a bicycle with a small battery.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview