News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony permanently blocks Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XVI, and two other games from coming to Xbox, Microsoft makes three Bethesda games Xbox and PC exclusive

Started by Redaktion, December 24, 2022, 11:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

MilesAJ

Quote from: Blehhh on December 27, 2022, 02:39:39Lmao looks like Sony is doomed to be Sega sooner than later...

Yeah right. Sony has dominated for decades and will continue to do so.

Jessica Taylor

Sony Sucks. Playstation sucks. They only are doing this out of selfish pitiful pride. Besides FF sux anymore the series has abandoned what made the series great. That is FF 8.9. the rest are garbage. Now if Xbox would share some exclusive games for all systems AND Sony did the same, then there would be ALLOT bigger player base. More people buying your games means to your companies make more $$$ That's all you care about anyway. If WE the consumers quit buying out of spite like you are by blocking, then you all would be out of business. Don't like it we'll I don't care what you think. Enough said.

Dking

I can not for feeble console fights. PC still has all the games. Including the good sony games timed or not I can wait.

JoeD

Sony is in wrong here. but theyll only shoot themself in the foot. Xbox will play hard ball because of this. Cod, Elder scrolls, Fallout, star field, everything else will be locked down.

FF has been FF forever and i could care less about any of it. 13 was last great game.

Sony hasnt dominated anything since ps2 days it will become Sega very soon.

then again spencer is a nice guy to the core i hope he wises up and makes them pay.

Sony are crybaby losers.

chrichtonsworld

Both corporations are evil and greedy. Keep that in mind.

But so far Microsoft also has offered benefits to customers due to that greed. I mean subscription services usually  cost customers more in the long run. Only I already have been able to play so many day one games because of it that I am willing to keep paying for this service.

The best of all, the service can be provided on many platforms. You can even play on some TV's without owning a console.
In that regard Microsoft is a little smarter because it offers more alternatives.

I could have already bought an overpriced PS5. But out of principle I refuse to pay more. I get that maybe Sony can't be held responsible for the scalpers and chip shortages. However, they do make it quite difficult to purchase the console directly from them. I seriously considered buying the highest tier ps plus subscription. But Sony weren't planning to put day one games on there. Then what's the point og having this tier? Exactly. So I canceled my whole ps plus membership and haven't bought a game from psn for quite a while.

In the end it's about the games. They should make it easier for you to consume them. Not the opposite.

N

Quote from: chrichtonsworld on December 27, 2022, 08:50:54Both corporations are evil and greedy. Keep that in mind.

But so far Microsoft also has offered benefits to customers due to that greed. I mean subscription services usually  cost customers more in the long run. Only I already have been able to play so many day one games because of it that I am willing to keep paying for this service.

The best of all, the service can be provided on many platforms. You can even play on some TV's without owning a console.
In that regard Microsoft is a little smarter because it offers more alternatives.

I could have already bought an overpriced PS5. But out of principle I refuse to pay more. I get that maybe Sony can't be held responsible for the scalpers and chip shortages. However, they do make it quite difficult to purchase the console directly from them. I seriously considered buying the highest tier ps plus subscription. But Sony weren't planning to put day one games on there. Then what's the point og having this tier? Exactly. So I canceled my whole ps plus membership and haven't bought a game from psn for quite a while.

In the end it's about the games. They should make it easier for you to consume them. Not the opposite.

The PS5 has been easy to obtain from PS store since summer this year. And if games first day in a sub service is make or break for you,how'd you ever game prior to last gen?

Schmitty

Joel

Quote from: HulkMode666 on December 26, 2022, 00:28:40
Quote from: Billy Slone on December 25, 2022, 21:29:46Well that does it im officially not ever going to get to play ff7 on my xbox.  That also ends any possibility of me buying a ps5.  I can't stand this idea of protectionism of games.  Players shouldn't have to buy 2 systems to play certain games

-Nintendo looking at you confusingly but laughing....

This is litterally nothing new. The real golden ages of gaming was all about exclusives, and they haven't exactly stopped ON ANY SIDE so yeah.
I also was really looking forward to playing FfVII remake on xbox :( 

Kwehtzalcoatl

Quote from: The Truth on December 25, 2022, 16:55:24Well no real loss on Final Fantasy XVI. It's being made by Yoshi-P and he has no idea what makes FF special and unique. All he does is bring old FF things and non-FF things into FF14ARR instead of making FF14ARR into it's own game like it was before he took FF14 from it's creator Tanaka. Look at the moogle image released of FF16...it's exactly the same as the ff14 one except with more fur textures...Can only imagine how many other things he is just bringing in from other FF games instead of creating them from scratch...He has no idea what makes FF special and he never will. (Hell, FFXVI isn't even a RPG, it's a freaking action game... smh) So, like I said, no real loss on FFXVI.

I can tell you don't actually play FF14 because your bias for some golden era is as exposed as Jim Sterling's avarice.  Yoshi has used past FF content as flavors to enhance the unique story within each expansion.  FF14 is not just nostalgia bait in MMO form.  There is a difference between what you accuse and how FF14 used enemies and characters from previous entries to enhance its own story.  Perhaps you should actually take part in the free trial so you can understand how wrong your statement is and how many things Yoshi has made from scratch.   

FTP

Quote from: JayV on December 26, 2022, 06:24:55Microsoft has only been able to continue making consoles because how much money they have... And halo.  Sony has always had so many exclusive rights to games and content and now they're crying that Microsoft is buying Activision.  Such a selfish move from the Japanese company.  I love Sony but damn they're pretty af.  They started this stupid fight.  And eventually they'll end up making Microsoft screw Sony players in the long-run.  It was only a matter of time until this happened where Sony doesn't get their way.  Good for Microsoft for fighting this fight.  Sony is not for the people.  They've never wanted players to come together. 
WTF are you talking about? What fight? These companies have always been in competition. You're talking like Microsoft is fighting Sony on your behalf. Neither of these companies are "for the people" get your head out of your a**. They make an entertainment product, and only want your money. And you decide if that product is what you want and buy it, or you dont. Playstation has the games I like so I roll with a PS5. Simple as that. If XBox had more games I'd want to play then if buy an XBox. Could care less about waving a flag for one or the other. But clearly this dude has lost the plot and bleeding green.

Zhane

Platform(s). Lets be honest there are only 3 platforms that currently can play those titles mentioned. PlayStation, Xbox and Windows. Nintendo? I'm mean they did port Nier automata in 2022 but that took them 5 years after initial PS launch in 2017.

Meghan

Quote from: @man_daddio on December 25, 2022, 23:35:57Sony is only shooting itself in the foot making access to it's games difficult.
Steam is a PC platform. PC gamers have already voted with their money the bringing Sony exclusive games eventually to windows platforms is what they want.
150 million users mean nothing?
It's their choice obviously. But not a good one in my opinion.
I won't miss what I know not. 😁✌️
Really because both companies have been doing this for literal decades. No one is shooting themselves in the foot. Exclusivity, as much as it sucks for us, is just smart business sense. It's quite clear you don't miss what you don't know. Common sense.

ThisQueerGuy

Quote from: JayV on December 26, 2022, 06:24:55Microsoft has only been able to continue making consoles because how much money they have... And halo.  Sony has always had so many exclusive rights to games and content and now they're crying that Microsoft is buying Activision.  Such a selfish move from the Japanese company.  I love Sony but damn they're pretty af.  They started this stupid fight.  And eventually they'll end up making Microsoft screw Sony players in the long-run.  It was only a matter of time until this happened where Sony doesn't get their way.  Good for Microsoft for fighting this fight.  Sony is not for the people.  They've never wanted players to come together. 
Heh, gayeeee!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview