News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony permanently blocks Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XVI, and two other games from coming to Xbox, Microsoft makes three Bethesda games Xbox and PC exclusive

Started by Redaktion, December 24, 2022, 11:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigd@wg

Microsoft and Bethesda have been working together since the mid 90s elder scrolls was exclusive to Xbox for a while and it'll be that way once more it's definitely a much bigger deal for Sony to lose elder scrolls and fallout than Microsoft losing final fantasy and a remake from a garbage dev team

Darkoasis

So many idiots commenting here. Sony is a bunch of greedy whiny fucks. Now that Microsoft wants to do the SAME thing they been doing for years they cry about it. All they care about is money. Microsoft has tried to get them to be on board with having all games on all platforms forever now but they won't. Same with cross platform play. Every other platform did it first and Sony would not until finally it affected sales/money so much they had to. I mainly game on PC so I have a Switch and a PS5 for exclusive games since I can play any Xbox games on PC and get a better experienc. However if I was only a console gamer I'd definitely go Xbox. f*** Sony.

Sovereign

Meh... Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't have an Xbox. Just a Switch, for Mario,Metroid and Zelda. I'm a PC gamer, and I'll just get FF stuff from the Epic Games store. For console, I'd just assume FF was exclusive to Sony anyways.

DFreak4Life

[code][quote][code]610[/quote][/code][/code]Wow, so many young idiots on this post, exclusivity and blocking of other platforms has been occurring since the beginning of console gaming, just back then there was no social forums for people to whine about it on, get over yourselves and understand this is how it works, us "old" gamers had to have a NES and Sega Master back in the day because of exclusive titles. s*** in the 80-90's when the console wars actually started you had to own multiple systems, more than just 2, at one time I owned 5 just to play all the games I liked, get the f*** over your self righteousness, this is how the game is played and its been happening since before a lot of you were even born.

Jay Hovah

Ha! It's hilarious that even with this and even IF xbox got Activision I STILL would have absolutely no reason to get an Xbox.

Another laugh is all the entitled kids thinking there should be one monopolized hub for gaming. Sorry you parents won't buy you both!

Valoren

As long as bill gates keeps buying up farm land and saying we need less people on the planet, ill keep not buying anything from Microsoft.

Krod Mandoon

I wish that Microsoft and Activision would just do the deal and tell these nosy good for nothing government agencies to p*** the f off. They never said s about all the sony exclusives or cared about things like xbox players paying more for less game due to sony exclusive free dlc, despite xbox owners paying the same price for the game. This is absolutely ridiculous. Governments have no business bothering people in this deal. My only guess is that there are politicians kids who are sony fan-bous who have been crying to mommy and daddy that they don't want to play call of duty on their xbox because some of their rich friends swear that sony is better. Or maybe this is just another example of governments wanting to push to get us to a point where we have to ask their permission to take a dump. Idk this is just dumb, screw the American and British governments for wasting time and money with this.

Kas

Everyone here is overlooking the main problem with all of this.

The problem is not that Microsoft is making Bethesda titles exclusive, or that both Sony and Microsoft have been making exclusives for years.

The problem is that Sony is now trying to pressure the US government to stop the purchase of Activision by Microsoft by claiming Microsoft might make CoD an Xbox exclusive. Not only is that extremely unlikely, but it's hypocritical AF. Sony has been refusing to play ball with anyone else for a long time. Microsoft did the same thing in the 360 era when it was the dominant console. It's just the smart position for the market leader to be in.

None of that behavior has ever been nor ever will be grounds for interfering with the free market, and that's exactly what Sony is trying to do.

Jason b122

Wish they would have stopped ea from buying the rights to the NFL games. Madden is trash havent played a football game since. Ill continue to have every clan tag in every game as EAFU

Ambertillard

Quote from: Meh on December 25, 2022, 22:49:08
Quote from: SiShen on December 25, 2022, 15:49:21That's a misleading take, those Bethesda games were already exclusive before Sony did this.

No they weren't 🤦
Ya they were, before PS5 came out a small video of Elder Scrolls 6 showed on PS5 then it was taken away after Microsoft bought Bethesda. So I really dont care if Sony starts blocking stuff from Microsoft.

Koba

Quote from: Kas on December 26, 2022, 16:46:39Everyone here is overlooking the main problem with all of this.

The problem is not that Microsoft is making Bethesda titles exclusive, or that both Sony and Microsoft have been making exclusives for years.

The problem is that Sony is now trying to pressure the US government to stop the purchase of Activision by Microsoft by claiming Microsoft might make CoD an Xbox exclusive. Not only is that extremely unlikely, but it's hypocritical AF. Sony has been refusing to play ball with anyone else for a long time. Microsoft did the same thing in the 360 era when it was the dominant console. It's just the smart position for the market leader to be in.

None of that behavior has ever been nor ever will be grounds for interfering with the free market, and that's exactly what Sony is trying to do.

It's amazing that you are trying to quote a free market, while Microsoft, much like Disney and the phone companies, are attempting to create a monopoly.

Which happens to be illegal in the United States.

Hippo Crit Hit

The nerve on Sony to scream and cry over COD while they continue to make bs moves like this... smfh. Sony fan boys just sit and laugh but this isnt good for anyone.

MilesAJ

Quote from: Billy Slone on December 25, 2022, 21:29:46Well that does it im officially not ever going to get to play ff7 on my xbox.  That also ends any possibility of me buying a ps5.  I can't stand this idea of protectionism of games.  Players shouldn't have to buy 2 systems to play certain games

Actually yes they should and they do amd have done so for decades. Get a clue kid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview