News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony permanently blocks Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XVI, and two other games from coming to Xbox, Microsoft makes three Bethesda games Xbox and PC exclusive

Started by Redaktion, December 24, 2022, 11:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In a reply to the UK CMA back in October, Microsoft has stated that Sony has permanently blocked popular titles such as Final Fantasy VII Remake (FF7R), Final Fantasy XVI (FFXVI), Bloodborne, and Silent Hill 2 remaster from coming to the Xbox. Microsoft, in turn, will be making three upcoming Bethesda games, likely Starfield, Redfall, and another unknown title, Xbox and PC exclusive.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-permanently-blocks-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Final-Fantasy-XVI-and-two-other-games-from-coming-to-Xbox-Microsoft-makes-three-Bethesda-games-Xbox-and-PC-exclusive.676457.0.html

SiShen

The Truth

Well no real loss on Final Fantasy XVI. It's being made by Yoshi-P and he has no idea what makes FF special and unique. All he does is bring old FF things and non-FF things into FF14ARR instead of making FF14ARR into it's own game like it was before he took FF14 from it's creator Tanaka. Look at the moogle image released of FF16...it's exactly the same as the ff14 one except with more fur textures...Can only imagine how many other things he is just bringing in from other FF games instead of creating them from scratch...He has no idea what makes FF special and he never will. (Hell, FFXVI isn't even a RPG, it's a freaking action game... smh) So, like I said, no real loss on FFXVI.

Billy Slone

Well that does it im officially not ever going to get to play ff7 on my xbox.  That also ends any possibility of me buying a ps5.  I can't stand this idea of protectionism of games.  Players shouldn't have to buy 2 systems to play certain games

Gen

It FFXVI isn't going to be a J-rpg style. That does not automatically make it not an rpg. Any game where you take on the role of a character and are allowed to make decisions or answer on ther behalf is an rpg.
Example: Undertale.

Also, if you think Yoshi-P is the only one who has done this...how many FF games have you played? Not enough to recognize the patterns in the whole series.
FF has always had a veery long running history of borrowing assets, elements and cameos from their own games. There are characters and enemies that are considered staples. Sometimes they get new looks, sometimes later games reference their older looks with a few graphical updates. The company has been doing this since way before Yoshi, and I can guarantee you Tanaka would have done it too given enough time.
Also, you do know ARR takes place in the same world as 1.0, right?
But if you really don't think they have taken any unique angles, go see what they did with Barbariccia from any if her other appearances. Furthest departure from original I've seen yet.

As far as the platforms making things exclusive on game deals...nothing really new there. It's actually more unusual how many games are open platform these days. Exclusive deals used to be the norm.
Most of it comes out on PC eventually anyhow.

Silly Billy

Quote from: The Truth on December 25, 2022, 16:55:24Well no real loss on Final Fantasy XVI. It's being made by Yoshi-P and he has no idea what makes FF special and unique. All he does is bring old FF things and non-FF things into FF14ARR instead of making FF14ARR into it's own game like it was before he took FF14 from it's creator Tanaka. Look at the moogle image released of FF16...it's exactly the same as the ff14 one except with more fur textures...Can only imagine how many other things he is just bringing in from other FF games instead of creating them from scratch...He has no idea what makes FF special and he never will. (Hell, FFXVI isn't even a RPG, it's a freaking action game... smh) So, like I said, no real loss on FFXVI.

This is like the worst take on a FF game ever. Which FF have you played? The last FF wasn't even turn based either. SE has moved away from traditional turn based game plays for years now.

Also the moogle has been the same across all games so I don't know what you're on about.

Meh

I would MAYBE believe them if they hadn't included BloodBorne on there, it was co-developed by Japan Studio (a 1st Party Sony team) and Sony themselves OWN the IP (same as Demon's Souls) so it wouldn't have ever come to Xbox regardless (wouldn't have been made without Sony) basically the EXACT SAME situation as Crystal Dynamics working on the New Perfect Dark game for Xbox... Why isn't that coming to PS5?

I'm smelling some pretty big bullshit here 🤷�♂️

@man_daddio

Sony is only shooting itself in the foot making access to it's games difficult.
Steam is a PC platform. PC gamers have already voted with their money the bringing Sony exclusive games eventually to windows platforms is what they want.
150 million users mean nothing?
It's their choice obviously. But not a good one in my opinion.
I won't miss what I know not. 😁✌️

HulkMode666

Quote from: Billy Slone on December 25, 2022, 21:29:46Well that does it im officially not ever going to get to play ff7 on my xbox.  That also ends any possibility of me buying a ps5.  I can't stand this idea of protectionism of games.  Players shouldn't have to buy 2 systems to play certain games

-Nintendo looking at you confusingly but laughing....

This is litterally nothing new. The real golden ages of gaming was all about exclusives, and they haven't exactly stopped ON ANY SIDE so yeah.

HulkMode666

Final Fantasy was Playstation exclusive for quite some time before the Ps360 era, so to some of us that have been around for more than 1 decade, not only nothing new but some may even say "back to how it should be.

After taking certain Bethesday/Zenimax games for themselves, serves them right as far as I'm considered.

If Microsoft really wanted more first and second party titles, there are LOADS of studios with many ideas that their current publishers arent letting them roll with, either unadulterated, if at all. Those guys probably would love to become a part of MS considering the support and more than likely, better freedom to do their own passion projects between the "big ones."

Instead they're playing games where an infant can call them out on. I don't feel bad for MS. Activision has a few (boatload of) lessons to learn, and lord knows a few of their IPs would work better without them dictating, but not only do I doubt that MS would be the saving grace for those odd studios, Activision isn't exactly a small player overall.

You just don't do that! Studios are one thing, especially if their stuff is solid and on the roulette table as far as where it would end up as it is, but not a whole HUGE publisher! They shot themselves in the foot with Bethesda. Simple! I'm all about the deal being blocked by regulators on that point alone (something that the mobs seem to overlook for some mind boggling reason)

Activision houses WAAAAAY more than the COD studios guys.

Dav3

Lmao @ acting like Sony is in the wrong for having exclusives while Microsoft tries to create a monopoly. 

Fuxking Microsoft, you already have PC and XBOX, let other people do business.

Dav3

Quote from: The Truth on December 25, 2022, 16:55:24Well no real loss on Final Fantasy XVI. It's being made by Yoshi-P and he has no idea what makes FF special and unique. All he does is bring old FF things and non-FF things into FF14ARR instead of making FF14ARR into it's own game like it was before he took FF14 from it's creator Tanaka. Look at the moogle image released of FF16...it's exactly the same as the ff14 one except with more fur textures...Can only imagine how many other things he is just bringing in from other FF games instead of creating them from scratch...He has no idea what makes FF special and he never will. (Hell, FFXVI isn't even a RPG, it's a freaking action game... smh) So, like I said, no real loss on FFXVI.
damn NOW THATS A BAD TAKE.Imagine shitting on Yoshi P 😭🤣

JayV

Microsoft has only been able to continue making consoles because how much money they have... And halo.  Sony has always had so many exclusive rights to games and content and now they're crying that Microsoft is buying Activision.  Such a selfish move from the Japanese company.  I love Sony but damn they're pretty af.  They started this stupid fight.  And eventually they'll end up making Microsoft screw Sony players in the long-run.  It was only a matter of time until this happened where Sony doesn't get their way.  Good for Microsoft for fighting this fight.  Sony is not for the people.  They've never wanted players to come together. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview