News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ford F-150 Lightning reservation holders face massive US$30,000 dealer markup as demand for the electric truck outstrips supply

Started by Redaktion, January 01, 2022, 21:51:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Snyper

Not sure where the person who commented it's illegal for dealers to charge a mark up got that info from. That 100000% false.
The Maroney sticker  on the car window is a suggested reatail price. Dealers have the right to charge whatever they want, no matter how low that move is.
I use to work at a dealership. There's actually 3 prices for a vehicle.
The price the delear actually pays...the price they tell you...and the price they try and sell it for.
Back in 1994 a Camaro Z28 from our dealer was bought for 12500. They told people they paid 16800 for the car...and the Maroney sticker was asking 23,xxx. So there ya go. The same thing is true today except that the numbers would be higher in each.
Ford cannot step in and stop mark up either.  The only way to stop it, is not buy it. But the dealers know this will never happen because there are always those people who want to be the first ones to have it...and will over pay just so they can brag.

Rhaman

So, ONE dealership out of thousands sends notice and that qualifies as "consumers" as in all dealerships? This "reporter" has delusional visions and exemplifies mass hysteria exaggerated generalizations. Why not write "XYC Ford in ABC city, CX state" sent notices..  " Sorry but this is not responsible "reporting."

Ari

Ford has gone after dealers doing   crazy  markups on the Mach-E.  ALL booking holders need to email,tweet, Facebook  comment  on ford's pages. And they will make sure no one paying crazy markups.

Rusty Shackelford

The guys that think this is fine are the overweight car salesman. This is a travesty, the us govt and all big industries should be overthrown. And car salesmen should be in prison or frankly sent to the gallows for their crimes against the people.

Earl

This can only happen if a fool pays the price.  Just as they are doing now with truck prices paid.  There is and never will be...a shortage of fools.  Over 35k is simply foolish.

Chase Embree

I'll never buy the Ford f150 lighting do to what's going on with it. And it don't save on anything It's a gimmick. And that going for any nother ev as well. I'm  am shamed at ford for what they are doing. Henry Ford would not be happy if he knew what was going on with his company today.

RD

I'm buying a diesel since the powers that be want to take advantage. So much for trying to be eco-friendly...

Bernhard Liegl

no way will I allow a dealer to shake me down for kind of money. I have a Rivian reservation as well.

HC

Clearly this is an opportunity for every contractor that does plumbing, electrical and HVAC on commercial settings to start charging this particular dealership way more due to demand of services.   If the dealership feels that they can gouge customers, that dealership should be able to pay a higher premium for services rendered to them.

M...F...

Didn't something like this happen with the Mach-E.. and people canceled and didn't buy leaving them sitting on the dealers lot...
And the horror stories about dealer issues and rip-offs..
These issues should be reported to Ford, BBB (against both Ford and the dealership) and consumer affairs.
I was actually excited about the lightning and looking forward to jumping ship on Mopar (dealership sketch service and 70k+ mile curse the vehicles have..)
But I guess another Ram or that Rivian will do..
To those who said the wealthy are going to be the ones buying these, ya wrong, there the ones paying cash below MRSP..
Why anyone would pay more than MSRP heck MSRP is throwing money out the window.
I don't see how lenders are giving loans on these overpriced vehicles.

James B

Ok a couple of things.
1) Ford cannot control the price dealers choose.
2)Ford gets zero profit from upmarked vehicles only the dealer
3)In many states it is illegal for direct to consumer sales
4)the up charge is not illegal you need to go to a different dealer
5)the article is referencing only one dealer but I'm sure there will be others
6)people saying they will go get a Rivian. There is currently a 5 year wait-list on they're truck. They can only make a couple a day right now.
7)Again Ford is powerless. But you aren't write your state governments and file petitions to outlaw dealerships. And have them be only servicing centers.
8)that is all.

Joe1

Another justification to remove state dealership requirement.
Since EV demand is likely to outstrip demand for a long time, a free federal incentive could be to stop such dealer markups. Harder though would be price control for the manufacturers.

Dogman 197

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview