News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 owners may be experiencing a fatal issue on their phones

Started by Redaktion, July 19, 2020, 21:59:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Grivell

I also have a Galaxy Note 9 which I purchased preorder about 2 years ago, I have not had any issues with the screen however in the last couple of days the phone has started to open up all down the right side and across the bottom of the screen although the bonding agent used to seal the units has just given up.
The phone so fat is still perfectly useable however any pretext at water proof is totally gone and I have to hold the phone together with rubber bands.
The phone has always been well treated and has spent most of its life inside a protective case and has never been exposed to excessive temperature or water.
Just interested if anyone else is experiencing similar problems.

Simao Gabriel

I bought my note 9 two years ago, a year later it starts to acting up, problems with battery, took ever to charge and even under the cold weather, it will gets overheated and after that shut off. My second note 9 still experiencing the same issues, overheating and taking ever to be charged. I'm here dealing with it and I'm tired replacing it. Soon, I will starting to hate Samsung phones and move on to the
iphones.

Mason

Honestly I've not had any display issues, but I've noticed significantly shorter battery life, and every once in a while my phone will constantly turn itself off when it's not in use, it usually stops once I turn off the fingerprint unlock for a while. Not sure why this works to fix the issue but its annoying. I used a us unlocked note 9 512gig model

JustEnzo

Same with my note 8 since march security update. Overheating and display suddenly changes to yellow tint when i accidentally turn the power off :(

Andrew

I just got mine from Amazon Renewed a week ago, installed all the updates and so far things seem fine. Maybe a factory reset could iron out the problem?

Nihs

Could this software inflected flaw be like the old iPhone trick were they were sued 4 causing a problem to force you to buy the new product coming out or in Samsung's case to force you to trade in your note 9 for a note 10 or note 20

Michael Smith

I love when people come on forums like this and say somerjinf like there is a problem with my samsung.. So I am going to buy an iPhone...

That is like saying Fords are crap cars... I'm going to start riding the bus

Thompson Gauss

Pre-ordered and have not had problem of any sort. New note every 2 years. Will pre-order Note 20 Ultra and anticipate 0 problems. The secret is to make sure that you take the time to take care of it. Good Spigen case and Liquid Glass do the trick for me.

Jaz

No problems here. Bought a month after launch, never used any protection on it, always WQHD, full brightness, and fully up to date. Everything is mint. Battery lasts a little shorter but it's standard with every phone...except Sony

F9h

First thing I disable are updates-updates break more things than they fix. Still running Oreo and so far, no problems.

Udoye

Quote from: Andrew Grivell on July 20, 2020, 13:11:14
I have not had any issues with the screen however in the last couple of days the phone has started to open up all down the right side and across the bottom of the screen although the bonding agent used to seal the units has just given up.

I had the same thing happen on my Note 4 after the phone took a big fall, last year. The impact damaged the battery and it swelled up to pop open a lot of the seals on the screen. I easily opened the Note 4 and replaced the scary looking battery, and everything fell back into place on the phone. It looks great, again.
I'm not sure if it'll be easy to check your note 9 battery, though, but your story sounded eerily familiar

Alan

I  got my Note 9 in October 2018. All was good until 2 weeks ago. A temporary fix to this issue is enabling Always on Display. If AOD is enabled I can unlock the device and the screen looks normal. But if i turn on the display before AOD kicks in (turn on display immediately after turning it off), the screen turns green with grey horizontal lines.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview