News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD with heatsink drops to lowest Amazon price in months

Started by Redaktion, April 27, 2024, 20:47:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

One of Samsung's most sought-after M.2-SSDs is back on sale on Amazon, which is where the heatsink-equipped 2TB model of the PCIe 4.0 storage module is now on sale for $149.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-980-Pro-2TB-SSD-with-heatsink-drops-to-lowest-Amazon-price-in-months.832067.0.html

Kjp

Here in the UK I got one in July 2023 for £97.99 (from Amazon). Today the price is £159.97. That's a 60% increase.

NikoB

Quote from: Kjp on May 01, 2024, 12:26:31Here in the UK I got one in July 2023 for £97.99 (from Amazon). Today the price is £159.97. That's a 60% increase.
Yes, it has reached the point of complete insanity in the market, I see Chinese garbage (2TB) of the second or third tier in retail chains at prices of $150-160, when in July they cost $60-70. At the same time, the quality of this garbage (stability in batches in terms of the number of defects) does not stand up to criticism. This is amazing, but this Chinese garbage has risen in price by more than 2 times compared to brands.

At the same time, the press wrote that everyone was moving to 200+ layers, which should have made SSDs even cheaper.

It seems that the strangulation of SMIC was ordered precisely when its chips began to ruin the huge profits of Western companies like Samsung/Micron/WD, etc. Well, roughly how Huawei was strangled exactly when it began to kill Apple in the market in its own niche.

Well, there is an illegal oligopolistic collusion between the largest NAND manufacturers, who deliberately stopped production in 2023 in order to return prices to high profit levels by 2024. I have long stopped believing the official financial reports and their key auditors.

In addition, the IT industry is the first (due to extremely complex and long chains of division of labor) to react to the excessive money supply of fiat candy wrappers endlessly printed by the Central Banks of the whole world, especially in debt-ridden Western countries. The more fiat candy wrappers there are around the world and the fewer goods there are, the higher the prices. This is a classic. Western countries have simply begun the process of ripping off external creditors (and internal non-high caste ones) by rapidly devaluing their own fiat currencies. Although key American auditor companies are reducing the ratings of the United States and Western European countries too slowly. Everything is planned. And then the public, as always, will end up with a bare bottom...

These price surges will apparently accelerate and are clearly not in favor of buyers, because the middle class, the main buyer of new products in the IT market, is gradually disappearing (deliberately being suffocated) all over the world...

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview