News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Fujifilm X100V: 5 epic features that make the digital rangefinder camera special

Started by Redaktion, January 04, 2024, 01:30:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Fujifilm X100V is arguably Fujifilm's most popular camera to date. This popularity is mostly due to YouTubers and other social-media denizens, but the camera's compact size, sizeable APS-C sensor, built-in ND filter, and rare leaf shutter set it apart from the point-and-shoot competition.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Fujifilm-X100V-5-epic-features-that-make-the-digital-rangefinder-camera-special.783638.0.html

Gary Box

Interesting article though I don't see the Fuji x100v as anything that unique. I think it's largely a case of people following a craze and buying with the heart rather than the head.

The only feature you mentioned which I feel is different or special is the built in ND filter. I'm not sure that makes up for the fact you can't change lenses though. Most mirrorless cameras have a silent electronic shutter mode. Yes it can cause banding in weird indoor lighting and isn't ideal for very fast action but I'm finding I use it for 90% of my images.

Plenty of other cameras with small footprint, some even with full frame sensor. If you crave the manual dials and insist on a Fuji then even a used xe4 has same sensor and option to change lenses. I've nothing against the x100v but I just don't feel people are buying it for the reasons mentioned.

julian.vdm

Quote from: Gary Box on January 04, 2024, 11:26:18Interesting article though I don't see the Fuji x100v as anything that unique. I think it's largely a case of people following a craze and buying with the heart rather than the head.

The only feature you mentioned which I feel is different or special is the built in ND filter. I'm not sure that makes up for the fact you can't change lenses though. Most mirrorless cameras have a silent electronic shutter mode. Yes it can cause banding in weird indoor lighting and isn't ideal for very fast action but I'm finding I use it for 90% of my images.

Plenty of other cameras with small footprint, some even with full frame sensor. If you crave the manual dials and insist on a Fuji then even a used xe4 has same sensor and option to change lenses. I've nothing against the x100v but I just don't feel people are buying it for the reasons mentioned.

I agree with you that the X100V frenzy isn't because of its features. Rather, it's because influencers had a moment with the camera. Really, it is a bit of a rangefinder purist's mirrorless camera, which is kind of unique, though, and the way a fixed lens limits you can be kind of fun.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview