News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A Nintendo Switch flash cart could be the best thing to happen to the ageing console

Started by Redaktion, December 27, 2023, 20:16:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Rumours suggest that a Nintendo Switch flash cart may be coming for Nintendo`s handheld console. Nintendo will probably try very hard to shut this down, but this might be just what the console needs to extend its shelf life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-Nintendo-Switch-flash-cart-could-be-the-best-thing-to-happen-to-the-ageing-console.787534.0.html

A

Swizzy

"While piracy is never good for the industry"
Hard disagree. There have been multiple pieces of software and other media that failed to work due to some kind of DRM and piracy actually made them usable.

George

I'm actually rather amazed and shocked that 'alternate' cartridges for the Switch have not made their way to the market some time ago.

Even E-tailers (like Amazon) sell alternate multimega (+100) game cartridges for Nintendo's older systems and almost countless 'retro handhelds' offer equally countless pirated game titles ready to play and enjoy on those systems.

One would think that the impact of modern mobile gaming (IE: cell phones) would eventually spread to Nintendo's eco-system in that asking >$5 a title is considered a outlandish ripoff let alone over 10x that.

A

Quote from: George on December 27, 2023, 23:16:08I'm actually rather amazed and shocked that 'alternate' cartridges for the Switch have not made their way to the market some time ago.
In my understanding if one really had this tech he'd never go on youtube to give Nintendo time to prepare software update and patch it.
So I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt, it's not the first Switch fake on the Internet.

Detritiv0re

This article falsely attributes pricing decisions made by third party publishers to Nintendo.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview