News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 5 II: New renders of Sony's upcoming compact flagship are breathtaking

Started by Redaktion, April 20, 2020, 21:26:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

I hate notches in smartphone. The idea to make a hole in a screen is just the worst thing that could ever happen to smartphones world. Even drop-like camera is not so ugly (yet it is horrible). Bezels used to be a problem back in 2016, modern Xperia 1 || already looks magnificent. Why to spoil the design? Low sale rates are not the result of "naughty" design, it is astonishing indeed. The main problem is camera and price-quality ratio (I mean outdated chipsets in midranders are no good).

Phonegeek1920

Same od same old from Sony.

There is no new innovation in these devices, the design is the same as all their old phones.

Other manufacturers have advanced their devices massively and Sony still struggling to catch up.

They won't be able to market this device to their consumers

Edgar Urena

Design has nothing to do with features; please be more specific on what you are trying say.

frogg

That purported Xperia 5 is no compact at all; just a compact version of the 1 with the same ridiculous 21:9 ratio.

By the the way, did you notice that a small fruit company just released a .. true compact. In 2020. Yes, yes, it's not april's fools! They will sell millions of them for those who just want something that fits nicely in ONE hand AND in the pocket.

From a very happy owner of the XZ2C. It is at the max dimensions and weight. Fits easily in my rear pocket, very good battery life, premium feel, solid.

Sharnas

LOL

The classic compact phones are not coming back. Sony is going all in with the 21:9 long phones.

S.Yu

Quote from: LOL on April 22, 2020, 08:58:16
The classic compact phones are not coming back. Sony is going all in with the 21:9 long phones.
As long as your pockets are deep enough, literally. :)

Anand I. Rathi

Hope sony will resume its sale in Indian market soon. Lots of sony fans here in India including me, who desperately wants sony's device in hand. In last few years sony disappointed its users with very higher price compared to the device's specifications. But theory looks completely different here and we definitely buy sony phones again.
#unconditionalLoveForSONY

Paska Huussi

The size was quite promising but this has 2 problems every phone nowadays has. 1) It's too thin which means it doesn't fit your hand well. 2) It doesn't have any bezels which means it's hard to use although the size alleviates this problem a lot. Bonus: is it also missing a headphone jack?

Now, one could argue that 1 and 2 would be fixed with a cover, but that's nonsense. You could use that space for e.g. bigger battery instead of just wrapping the phone in something that adds no functionality. If there's no headphone jack and there's no space in the device then lol what can you say...

There's no need to make phones paper thin. It's not ergonomic, handy or smar.

d rancourt

And, Problem #3, if true - physical volume buttons opposite a button on the other side makes false button squeezing problematic

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview