News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

iHeal 5R: New smartwatch supposedly comes with blood glucose monitoring and ECG at a very low price

Started by Redaktion, December 22, 2023, 00:36:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Venkat Rangamani

Is there any data to validate the accuracy of the glucose measurements? How do I know the values are right?

Alfred Poor

This article makes no mention of FDA clearance, which is required (as I understand it) for any device that purports to measure blood glucose levels. Does it have clearance (doubtful, based on the rest of the article) and is it for sale in the U.S.?

As far as I know, there are no non-invasive devices cleared by the FDA to measure blood glucose levels. (I believe there is one that has CE clearance in Europe.)

Alfred Poor
The Health Tech Futurist

A

Quote from: Alfred Poor on December 22, 2023, 17:57:58Does it have clearance
It's fake, judging by that Jing Liu chip and VP555ER sensor it's a rebrand of some watch from Aliexpress/Alibaba/whatever. So these fraudsters just got a tribune to advertise their sh*t, despite wrong glucose measurements can literally kill people.

Quote from: Alfred Poor on December 22, 2023, 17:57:58As far as I know, there are no non-invasive devices cleared by the FDA to measure blood glucose levels.
I think there will be a line of smartwatch producers to buy out the first company to do it.

Jessi

It is up to each individual to use this as a tool and not to rely on the readings.  As a user of CGMs already that are cleared by the FDA, I can tell you that those CGMs are also often times not accurate as well.  They are off by 30 to 100 points at times.

A

Quote from: Jessi on December 23, 2023, 06:47:48It is up to each individual to use this as a tool and not to rely on the readings.
Except ripoff Aliexpress smartwatch does not actually measure it at all, just gives you a random number.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview