News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaked Sony Steam sales chart shows releasing PS exclusives on PC is paying off with millions of copies sold

Started by Redaktion, December 19, 2023, 13:26:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It seems that Sony's strategy of releasing PS-exclusive games on PC is proving quite beneficial with the company reportedly selling millions of Horizon Zero Dawn and God War copies on Steam. The information comes to us courtesy of a leaked internal slide posted on Reddit. The Steam sales chart shows total copies sold on Steam for games such as Spider-Man Remastered, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and more.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-Sony-Steam-sales-chart-shows-releasing-PS-exclusives-on-PC-is-paying-off-with-millions-of-copies-sold.785124.0.html

hugh

Who says reddit is a valid source? I could make slides like that myself with publicly available software. And devs themselves SAY they sell x millions as a strategy, there is little to no verification of this data. You sites are just press release hores nothing more.

Surprised pikachu

Wow! Who would have thought? Most people don't want to go buy a $500-$600 console for an exclusive game!

I really wanted to play FF7 remake as it's my favorite game but no way am I throwing down that kind of money for any stupid exclusive. Even though part 2 is the exclusive which is even more stupid, I haven't even touched the first half.

A

Quote from: Surprised pikachu on December 21, 2023, 18:12:22Most people don't want to go buy a $500-$600 console for an exclusive game!
Regarding "most people"... Overall Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man and God of War and Uncharted sales are 15-20 mil+ copies each. PC sales are just a small part.
Sony releases PC port probably only when they don't care anymore game will be insta-pirated on PC.

Pirater

Quote from: A on December 21, 2023, 19:11:09Regarding "most people"... Overall Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man and God of War and Uncharted sales are 15-20 mil+ copies each. PC sales are just a small part.
Sony releases PC port probably only when they don't care anymore game will be insta-pirated on PC.

Not too sure if piracy is the real issue here. The console piracy scene these days is even bigger now than PC's. PC piracy scene is pretty much dead tbh, there's no real point anymore since you can't play online and most modern games don't support LAN multiplayer functionality, only online only [which requires reverse engineered servers and is much bigger effort/endeavor]

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview