News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 8 Pro and Tensor G3 showcase disappointing performance in GPU tests

Started by Redaktion, October 15, 2023, 11:37:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Keeping with its predecessors, the Google Pixel 8 Pro seemingly does not aspire to greater performance heights. The new Google flagship phone fails to match its competitors in the GPU performance department, effectively only delivering graphical prowess on par with flagship chipsets released two years ago.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-8-Pro-and-Tensor-G3-showcase-disappointing-performance-in-GPU-tests.759611.0.html

Randy chan

Regarding Google's pixel 8 pro powered by tensor 3 being lackluster in performance leaving a lot to be desired is proof Google should have remained with Qualcomm all along and never ditched them in favor of their custom tensor chip which as been Google pixel's downfall starting in 2021 with the pixel 6. As a proud owner of Google pixel's last Qualcomm powered phone(pixel 5 with 765G in 2020) I would've gotten more pixel phones over the years, however as I mentioned Google's downfall was the reason I chose to get a phone powered by Qualcomm 8 gen 2 instead which is light years superior to the flawed and bug filled tensor 2. Oh, one more thing, my 2020 pixel 5 still performs good and has none of the problems tensor 1 and 2 have had.

Bob reserved

I currently have a pixel 6 and it works great. I don't see what the fuss is all about. My pixel 6 when I compared it to a friend's pixel 5 was "light years" faster, smoother and just better overall.  Even my work phone which is an iPhone 14 is not just as nice. I can't wait for the 8 pro. Because at the end of the day when it really comes down to this processing power, none of us are using these phones for what the processors can really do. We're not running 70 apps at a time. And yes I said 70 and we're not doing quantum computing

Davey

Quote from: Bob reserved on October 16, 2023, 21:29:11I currently have a pixel 6 and it works great. I don't see what the fuss is all about. My pixel 6 when I compared it to a friend's pixel 5 was "light years" faster, smoother and just better overall.  Even my work phone which is an iPhone 14 is not just as nice. I can't wait for the 8 pro. Because at the end of the day when it really comes down to this processing power, none of us are using these phones for what the processors can really do. We're not running 70 apps at a time. And yes I said 70 and we're not doing quantum computing

Took the words out of my mouth. Never had a Pixel but just ordered the new Pro. I like my current device still but the SD888 is abysmal for battery life.
You're right saying the vast majority of users are not power users or sweaty, hardcore gamers.
Don't like the Pixel? Don't buy one and move on to something else.......

Gg

Benchmark is one thing and user experience is second. Take Pixel 6, even with lackluster chip(btw google reused exynos adding their TPU) the pixel 6 pro, pixel7 pro and now pixel 8pro has Better camera and now better video and put Apple and qcom beast HW to dust. What matters end of day is that how is a phone making ur user experience better rather than benchmark. When u socialize u take better pictures and correct it if something is not looking great, it will make u feel better, u don't show that I have a Manhattan score of XYZ? Who cares?
 I think it's that way pixel is now designed.

Hope it continues

user who cares

So weird, no phone comparison website has published benchmark scores :O
Thanks for this information
really.
Had no clue what is the G3 performance, here is now all cleared.
See here some nice defending Pixel 8 pro posts and feeling perplexed ?
Is there anybody that really thinks, that is fair to by a phone having similar hardware as oneplus 8T (2021 MY) at triple price ?

..Like the idea it is fancy to move objects on the photo, but performance is also important.
Looking for a good phone, but this is not enough, neither a fair deal.
Will move forward

thanks again !

Love and Good luck

x

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview