News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Warframe cross-platform save unites console and PC players at great cost to some

Started by Redaktion, January 31, 2024, 01:10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After numerous promises and a few false starts, Digital Extremes has finally successfully implemented cross-platform save in Warframe. Players will now be able to use one account across their Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation, and Xbox devices — but at great cost for accounts created after November 24.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Warframe-cross-platform-save-unites-console-and-PC-players-at-great-cost-to-some.798658.0.html

Nope

Flat out misinformation.  You lose no progress, items etc. They are still available to you on a linked account. Questline/Mastery progression are merged regardless. AMHIK. Do better, do research.

warframe gamer

this article is weird....i merged my accounts but as for linking i never heard any progress and items being lost ...however what happened to the steam deck i play on my steam deck just fine you mention two devices that is way more expensive with little extra performance vs  the steam deck

Nope to the Nope

Quote from: Nope on January 31, 2024, 17:13:31Flat out misinformation.  You lose no progress, items etc. They are still available to you on a linked account. Questline/Mastery progression are merged regardless. AMHIK. Do better, do research.

The article is correct. When Merging or Linking, you'll select one account to be your Primary, and all other accounts become Secondary accounts.

Merging is the only way to save progress from the Secondary accounts. All items and currency will be transferred to the Primary, and any items the Primary has not Mastered bit the Secondary has, will add to the Mastery of the Primary.

Linking, on the other hand, does exactly as the article states. *Everything* on the Secondary accounts will be lost.

In neither case will quest progress be transferred. Quest and Syndicate progress is 100% based on the account selected as Primary

Jvdm

Quote from: Nope on January 31, 2024, 17:13:31Flat out misinformation.  You lose no progress, items etc. They are still available to you on a linked account. Questline/Mastery progression are merged regardless. AMHIK. Do better, do research.

Author here. This is directly from the official Cross Save Guide:

QuoteLinking will allow you to select one Warframe account as your Primary Account. You may use the progress and purchases of that Warframe account back and forth across multiple different platforms.

For example, a player may mark their PC account as the Primary Account and Link it to their PlayStation account. The PC progress will permanently override the existing PlayStation account, resulting in a Warframe Cross Platform Save account that can be used on both PC and PlayStation.

NOTE THAT ACCOUNT LINKING IS PERMANENT. Once a unified Warframe Cross Platform Save Account is created, you will no longer be able to access any Linked accounts' progress or Inventory aside from those of the Primary Account.

If you managed to link accounts without losing progression, that is not an intended outcome. Either you're lucky or your accounts were merged. Or it's a glitch and you're about to get a nasty surprise when a patch corrects the error.

SleepyGob

Lowkey saw what the author tried to do here so let me clear up the confusion. Yes you lose progress on any secondary's account made after the cutoff date for merging that's clearly stated, but in all reality how much progress would you lose and why would you make an account after the cutoff date from an actual gamers perspective. It wouldn't make sense and that's the angle the author was trying to exploit; the notion that you would lose progress when in fact there is no progress to lose on a fresh account. Although I'm not mad at how you tried to angle the article you need to get your money up from the commissions and engagement that I understand, I'm mad at the fact that right here you missed an opportunity to tell people with older consoles or outdated consoles who play warframe that they could carry over their progress to other systems outside of their console families. There was a possibility to link Pre built PCs, The PS5, the Xbox, even the opportunity to even drum up attention for the new switch, I mean you had the possibility of like 4 - 6 links of commission and you decided to say na let me sell myself short and say hey you lose progress on a fresh account with no progress here is the two systems to play warframe on. Brody you gots to do better, if you want I'd be your ghost writer for a cut shoot me an offer my prices are affordable to most. Deathspine@outlook.
Com

Peter H

> at great cost to some

Where's the great cost?...

If the accounts were made before they announced it you lose nothing. If you made one after they announced it you lose what you were warned you would lose which isn't really losing anything because it's a known quantity.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview