News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Snapdragon X Plus unveiled as 10-core Snapdragon X Elite alternative

Started by Redaktion, April 24, 2024, 15:00:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Qualcomm has officially announced the Snapdragon X Plus for laptops. The Arm-based chip is essentially a Snapdragon X Elite with fewer CPU cores and a lower boost clock. Other specs, such as its Adreno GPU, LPDDR5x RAM support, Hexagon NPU, and Spectra ISP, are identical across both chips.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Snapdragon-X-Plus-unveiled-as-10-core-Snapdragon-X-Elite-alternative.830671.0.html

chris@amd

really ?? cherry-picking benchmarks and competitors to make your product look good. i thought it is intel's specific domain.  if you want to compare efficiency it should be compared with 8840U not 7940HS. what's the point if its as efficient as x86 ones and have compatibility issues with many softwares and packages ? strix point will be far more interesting product and its just around the corner. then we have also lunar lake maybe in Q4 with Xe2 graphics. competition is always good, but it is when it adds some value to existing players.

KenMac

The writer's comment:
"Similarly, its Adreno GPU peaks at 20 Watts before getting trounced by Intel and AMD."
appears to be false. The GPU graphic clearly shows that the AMD GPU never reaches equal performance to the X1 Plus, even at 3X the power. And the Intel GPU finally reaches equal performance at 2X the power, rather than 'trouncing' the X1 Plus at just over 20 watts.

Neenyah

I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger bs presentation than today from Qualcomm.

First let's get one thing straight - they can't catch up with Apple in mobile space since Snapdragon 800 and that was in 2013. Apple is always at least one step ahead both in power and efficiency. But know they, suddenly, have managed to create a laptop SoC which runs x86 (!) apps faster than any x86 SoC, including a fucking desktop i9 (hey, they said that in the presentation, not me), and which demolishes any Apple silicon? Right. Sure.

And then, to make this thing bizarre, out of literally 20+ different CPUs which they mentioned, anything from M1, M1 Pro, M2 Pro, M3 Max, various AMD and basically all recent Intel's CPUs, where that X Elite is, according to THEIR OWN BENCHMARKS, 50% faster, 100% more efficient, 200% smarter, 845789% sexier and other crap, they couldn't simply put a laptop with their SoC next to any laptop with one of those mentioned CPUs AND SHOW ON THE STAGE that their X Elite and X Plus are faster in same tasks. Nope. Let's just throw random slides with random benchmarks numbers instead and make a whole presentation on #TrustMeBro basis.

Legit.

It is also cute how Qualcomm hasn't even try to compare themselves to the M3 in power consumption or battery life, nah just skip that part altogether and no one will notice 😄

This thing is going to flop hard. Quote me in five months from now.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview