News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Revengeful Tesla drivers plug in Model 3 and Model Y that unnecessarily occupy Supercharger spots

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2023, 22:29:53

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigo

Quote from: CPolk on February 01, 2023, 23:22:42Suppose it was just a simple human error? Guy meant to plug in, but forgot. And dont tell me "I'm just doing them a favor." This is passive aggressive behavior of the first order. People need to chill the f_ck out and behave like civilized human beings instead of entitled as_holes.

So first you suppose they might have forgotten to plug it in, then say people that would "do them a favor" by plugging it in for them under that assumption are a**holes. Right, that makes plenty of sense. And I guess that instead of being passive aggressive and plugging them in, people should just be aggressive and key the cars or smash their windows? Oh, no, you're saying they shouldn't do anything in response to the only a**hole behavior going on here, which is to leave one's car blocking a charger, because somehow, in all of this, that's the only thing not wrong. Yeah, how dare some "entitled as_hole" want to charge their car. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with those  people. Next they'll expect to be able to buy food. Damn entitlement.

Haggy

Quote from: Kevin23 on January 25, 2023, 16:54:11
Quote from: Dimercaprol on January 25, 2023, 12:18:44Why only model 3 and Y? Doesn't make sense to exclude model S.

The Model S and X are software protected: the charge port will not open if the car is locked.

Nope. Just tried it with a Model S. The port opened fine after I locked the doors.

Tesla could fix it with software, but given the few reasons for it, it might not be in their best interest if it helps tie up Superchargers. I could justify it for a pre 2015 Model S, since the flap can open when someone presses a button on a charger handle more than one car away, and they don't self close. But for anything newer, I can't see a reason.

There's probably a way to defeat something, But it would be easier to face the car the wrong way.

Tesla should leave it alone. It's hard to blame someone for plugging a car in, given that the only legitimate reason to park there is to charge. Saying "I did it because you forgot to plug in and I didn't want you to be towed" is hard to argue against.

Haggy

Quote from: Bane on January 25, 2023, 13:40:06This can't be much of an actual problem. Superchargers are almost always notably farther from the business than 50%+ of the normal parking. If your goal is to park far away and walk, there are usually more convenient places. And the same goes for anyone who wants to park close to the business.

Of course, that being the case, it just highlights how much of an a** you have to be to purposefully block a charger that you aren't going to use.

I've had two times in the past 8 years when the only available space was a supercharger space. Both times, I plugged in and charged. I had the right to charge, but I still felt a bit awkward about it since I didn't need a charge. At one of the places, half the cars weren't even Teslas. And a person absolutely needing a charge probably would have gone to a station nearby that doesn't have a parking problem. It was either leaving myself with no space or leaving someone else with no space, with no serious chance of stopping someone from charging a few minutes away.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview