News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Vivobook Pro 14 OLED in review: Pantone Validated laptop packs a lot of processing power

Started by Redaktion, July 08, 2022, 05:17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With a particularly color-accurate display, a GeForce RTX 3050 with Nvidia Studio drivers, and a powerful Ryzen 5 5600H, the Asus VivoBook Pro 14 OLED is a laptop with professional features for users at home. The multimedia laptop also stands out with a sturdy case and many other interesting features.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Vivobook-Pro-14-OLED-in-review-Pantone-Validated-laptop-packs-a-lot-of-processing-power.633568.0.html

IG Pro

The entire body is made out of anodized aluminium, not plastic. And the PWM shows it's head around 60% brightness. Other than that, this laptop is a keeper with the panel clearly ahead of the curve. The Pro 14X variant has even better quality and specs. (I run the 3050ti, 32gb, ryzen 5900x version)

Cilus

Quote from: IG Pro on July 08, 2022, 19:04:25The entire body is made out of anodized aluminium, not plastic. And the PWM shows it's head around 60% brightness. Other than that, this laptop is a keeper with the panel clearly ahead of the curve. The Pro 14X variant has even better quality and specs. (I run the 3050ti, 32gb, ryzen 5900x version)
You have the VivoBook 14 pro, not the VivoBook 14. I have it with 5900HX, 16gb ram and 3050 and apart from the lid, it's mostly plastic like mentioned in this review.

_MT_

Quote from: Cilus on July 09, 2022, 07:17:02You have the VivoBook 14 pro, not the VivoBook 14. I have it with 5900HX, 16gb ram and 3050 and apart from the lid, it's mostly plastic like mentioned in this review.
The review is for Asus Vivobook Pro 14.

Dorby

VivoBook brand has 4 lineups - Pro, S, Flip, and Regular.
The Pro/S series are fully magnesium aluminum alloy and very well built for their $500 starting price. All other VivoBooks with no Pro/S label are either part plastic or fully plastic, e.g. VivoBook 15 OLED K513.

Also this laptop came out in February 2021, the new VivoBook Pro series received a chassis redesign with room for better cooling, upgradable RAM, and bigger battery. Better late than never I suppose.

Name

I think it would be a good addition to state the how many color bits the display has(not obvious for ips-like screens),to add some color banding test and to check for black crush and for out of  black transitions that for many oled screens are problematic. Without these it's in my opinion difficult to get an idea of the quality of a screen

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview