News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte Aero 15X v8 (i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max-Q, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, April 07, 2018, 23:30:03

Previous topic - Next topic

KumaHIME

imgur.com/ueRN4F6

here is the brightness distribution for the aero 15x 4k panel. Panel is model is AUO_B156ZAN03_1. This was taken with Xrite's i1 profiler software. Bottom left corner (lowest brightness at 377 nits) was also the only place where there was noticeable back light bleed.

Some things i would like to add. Ghosting is similar to Dell XPS 15 9570's 4k sharp panel, which leads me to believe the response time of the AUO panels is 60-ish ms. The matte layer on the panel makes the gigabyte's 4k panel seem brighter than that dell's 4k panel, in bright condition, even though the xps 15 i have has an anti glare coating that reduces the intensity of light reflected, and the dell panel has a brightness of 450nits. the trade off is though, the matte coating makes pictures seem grainy and text not as sharp, although the difference isn't that prominent.

another thing to note, gigabyte's 4k display had a slight hew shift along the edges (VERY slight, you won't notice unless you really focus on it). the dell's 4k display doesn't have that.

Forgot to add battery life. Both dell and gigabyte with 4k panels get same battery life. Which means, fully updated as of September 20 with drivers, bios, and Windows 10, ~5 hours of 1080 60p or 4.5 for 4k 60p youtube on firefox, and ~8 hours of excel/word + playing some music. i know its not much of a comparison to notebookcheck's standardized tests, but its the best i can do since i no longer have the machine. Also, i feel like some recent updates have reduced battery life for both machines.

KumaHIME

To add on to my last post, the Thinkpad X1 Xtreme review that notebookcheck just came out with uses the same 4k panel as the Gigabyte Aero 15x v8 4k. So you can just check that review to get an idea for how the panel is relative to other panels that notebookcheck tests. Although my Aero 15 had a brighter panel with higher contrast apparently.

Victor Torstensen

I just bought the Gigabyte Aero 15x v8 and I must say that it is by far the best laptop that I have ever owned! The perfection of a laptop as a whole. The internals are extremely rapid but power efficient as well. The large battery keeps me going for 10 hours and I got an amazing display. I've had no issues with the screen what so ever. It's amazing with the X-rite Pantone certified DIsplay! I can only recommend this piece of equipment.

Verdict:

:) :) :) :) :) /  :) :) :) :) :)

introid

Hi guys,
I don't know what to do... I'm quite disappointed with the black level of the LG screen... is the Aero 15x AU OPTRONICS screen better? My previous unit looks darker in term of light luminosity and was equiped with the AU OPTRONICS. A lot of different components between both units, SSD, screen, ram and keyboard were differents, my new unit which is older in terme of manufacture as a much faster SSD (Toshiba instead of Transcend), LG screen, Kingston memory and good pretty correct (or better) keyboard but light intensity problem with the right SHIFT key.
What FHD screen is better on this machine, the LG or AU OPTRONICS?
I'm using since two year a Dell Precision 5510 equiped with sharp screen very good, much better regarding darl level.
Many thanks for your feedback

tmakiel

Hi,

I'm considering Aero 15x for music production and video editing. Test available here showed that it make have some issues regarding dcp latency. Just wondering if that was bloatware/bios/power management settings fault?!

Do you have any experience with dpc latency or would you be able to run such a test for me.

Cheers

Sergey Korobin

I'm pretty impressed with how universal in-use this notebook is. Bought on November 2018 it's great choise in my opinion.
The aim of purchase was a ultimate (low-weight and powerful) mobile machine, well, this is the best one according to my market view. Compared with MSI GS65 Stealth Thin  with its hardly upgradable slot placement.

The main feature of this product is the horse-powered amount of battery life. This is truly amazing. 94.3W battery makes possible to work easily for average 6 - 8 hours with rather good perfomance. I use for my programming task (coding & other connected stuff away from home).

True potential shows when plugged in. No serious throttling, really fast (144hz) and bright screen for gaming makes it (as i said) ultimate machine for multiple tasks.

Yeah, there are some software issues like:
1) Nvidia Optima technology sudden usages of gtx 1070 while in eco mode, that almost kills battery pretty fast. With detailed workaround and long time reading forums looks like this is partly fixed with Gygabite own control center app.
2) Webcam position isn't good enough. People will look at your nostrils more often than usual during video conversation.

Review

It is a good laptop as shown by the specs.

Abit disappointed with the following:
-Can never charge it on an airplane due to unconventional battery specs. 80% of the reason I bought it was not get bored on planes.
-4k seems to be a little too much for a 1070 Max-Q

Rothacker

I purchased this laptop last week. After one week of testing, I am very satisfied with the product. The screen is very bright and sharp. So far no hiccups whatsoever. I have owned a Gigabyte laptop before and never had any problems with it. Top company! Can highly recommend.

F Baudin

J'ai acheté le chargeur pour mon ordinateur gigabyte aero 15x v8 par le revendeur conseillé par le support Gigabyte. Apres une attente de plus de 3 semaines je reçois enfin leldit chargeur, coutant la bagatelle de 270 euros...
Et surprise, malgré une information exacte des références du chargeur original, je reçois, sans information prealable, un chargeur générique, plus gros, plus lourd, sans chargement USB.

Je suis désormais depuis presque deux semaines en procédure pour avoir un échange pour le chargeur original ou un remboursement. Ce support est indigne pour ce genre d'ordinateur haut de gamme et a cette tarification de prestation!.
J'espère que les futurs acheteurs sauront à quoi s'attendre du support Gigabyte.

---------------------------------------

I bought the power adapter from gigabyte support reseller in France, enametech. For 270 euros... And after more than 3 weeks awaiting, that's right. I finally got my hands on a, poorly packed, not genuine, heavier, without USB power supply power adapter?

And now, I have been in the process of a standard exchange with the right power adapter or a pay back for almost two weeks.
It has now been more than a month that I m struggling with this issue and cannot use my laptop. What a lame support from gigabyte when talking about such a high-end laptop.

I hope that my problem will be solved soon and that it will bring into light for potential buyer what to expect from their support...

Buy dell or Lenovo

PS: I Have been pleased so far with the  laptop. Great battery life. Powerful for video and AE

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview