News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte Aero 15X v8 (i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max-Q, Full-HD) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, April 07, 2018, 23:30:03

Previous topic - Next topic

heraldo_jones

I would love to see the cpu performance with undervolting to check if it is more consistent and how long the battery extends  ;)

pat01

I'm a bit disappointed, why in 2018 where 4K is becoming a standard, this beautiful laptop should offer only FHD resolution?
Btw, I love all the other improvements.

pat01

love it, unfortunately, I made a mistake with the previous comment, my bad, I thought they released only an FHD display option, luckily it's also available a 4k option.

MoronEliminator

Quote from: JJ on April 10, 2018, 16:42:35
Any chance we could get the model/part info for the new 144hz screen? I want to see if it's possible to fit it inside a last gen Aero 15X.

It's in the review stupid. LGD05C0
Even if you had one the aero 15 is not able to be disassembled. Nobody has ever tried taking the display apart and there is no such guide online.

User32

Hi,
There is a Keyboard "splash proof" in this Aero 15, like Dell XPS / Thinkpad / ... ?
Thk

Rook

Any plans to cover performance, temperature and noise levels for the GTX 1060 version of this machine?  Any plans to test the same with undervolting either for this 1070 or the 1060 version?

Eugene

Easy to explain Full HD instead of 4K Display option. It is not comfortable enough to use 4K on so small screen (everything is micro sized). It's much better to connect an external 32" or larger 4K display to work with graphics and UHD videos.

benji

kalub

Actually it's a pretty interesting computer with this 1070 max-Q and this big battery.
In terms of design, a little in the style of the Asus Zephyrus, the max-Q can release laptops gaming rather fine and especially, which give up the classic gamer look, too flashy for my taste. After we feel that there is still no refinement as XPS or MBP, with all these notches and reliefs in all directions, but it remains sober.
  I am curious to see what this gives to the test, and in the hands of players, especially on the endurance of the battery in the medium term and heating.

Rawdent

Does anyone has any issues connecting a external monitor to a docking station and then the docking station via TB3 port to this laptop, it seems through that setup, can't get access to Nvidia PhysiX software for the eternal monitor, but as spoken with the manufacturer, it is how the base of laptop is designed. That PhysyX take the CPU graphics instead of Nvidia because TB3 is based from CPU.

Overall great laptop, best purchase this year!

adasdasd

Guys, 2 months ago you said that you will test the 4k model.

Well, is there any news about this specific 4k model? I would really love to read a review about it.

Truc

Very disappointing to see that retail units are sold not with the LG LGD05C0 IPS display as tested in your review but an AU Optronics AUO82ED display  >:(

Same for the RAM.  V-Color brand (=generic Taiwanese one) instead of G-Skill !  >:(

Owner disappointed

Quote from: Truc on June 18, 2018, 15:04:03
Very disappointing to see that retail units are sold not with the LG LGD05C0 IPS display as tested in your review but an AU Optronics AUO82ED display  >:(

Same for the RAM.  V-Color brand (=generic Taiwanese one) instead of G-Skill !  >:(

Can Florian Glaser or Notebookcheck get some explanations from Gigabyte about this abnormal situation?
All test reviews are referring like you to some references that do not correspond to the market  :-\
Thanks in advance for your reply  :)

KumaHIME

Quote from: Micron on April 08, 2018, 05:11:14
Wondering about PWM Flickering presence on 4K version? Could someone confirm that 4K LCD screen not used PWM method for controlling brightness. Very important for human eyes

While I don't think my 4k model had PWM, i was only able to confirm upto 1000Hz. (i used my camera to compare it to an XPS 15 9570 which has 1000Hz PWM, both at min brightness) i did not see any waves of brightness on the screen as i cycled through the shutter speed.

Quote from: adasdasd on June 09, 2018, 23:34:22
Guys, 2 months ago you said that you will test the 4k model.

Well, is there any news about this specific 4k model? I would really love to read a review about it.

While i might not be able to provide you with the exact same results as notebookcheck's testing methods, i was able to test my 4k aero 15x with DisplayCAL and an Xrite i1 Display pro. Brightness distribution was good, (once i go home i will upload the pic) it scored 99.3% AdobeRGB and nearly 1600:1 contrast. for PWM see what i wrote above. Now, a good surprise, the screen was bright at 400 nits! It was subjectively as bright as my Dell XPS 15 9570's 4k panel. I forgot to jot down the display's model, but it was an AU panel. I do apologize for lack of evidence (except for brightness and distribution) I wasn't expecting on returning the unit.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview