News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Review - Compact Gaming Laptop with AMD Zen4 Phoenix & RTX 4090

Started by Redaktion, April 30, 2023, 15:01:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 2023 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 is the first laptop with AMD's new Phoenix mobile processor, which is combined with the fast GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop and a 165 Hz Mini-LED panel in a compact 14-inch laptop.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Zephyrus-G14-Review-Compact-Gaming-Laptop-with-AMD-Zen4-Phoenix-RTX-4090.711986.0.html

Mrditto

LyntonB

Very excited for this tech and a much more power efficient chip from AMD however the pricing of this whole generation is still WAAAAY off so most of us will be waiting for some time until pricing comes down. For me, about £1000 reduction until any point investing. The 4080 will be all I need in this chassis with performance almost identical to 4090 mobile

RobertJasiek

Quote from: LyntonB on April 30, 2023, 18:31:51the pricing of this whole generation is still WAAAAY off so most of us will be waiting for some time until pricing comes down. For me, about £1000 reduction until any point investing.

Exactly!

bluman833

Would love to see a review for the RTX 4060 version of this laptop with the IPS screen and without animatrix since that trim would be the most commonly seen one. I imagine that not many people will purchase the higher-trim versions as they aren't even offered in high quantities in many regions.

saunupe1911

Can Asus please send the black chassis version to the U.S.? We are sick and tired of moonlight white G14s

Kika

£3600 for a laptop???? Are you serious. Who is going to buy this?anything more than £1500 for a laptop is waste of money as it will be outdated in a year.

Point1224

When will it be possible to completely switch laptops to silent mode? Already 2023  4nm processors, and fans still work with medium tasks. At the same time, their portable console on the same processor works almost silently in games. WTF? It even has a vapor chamber.

DoogieDee

Quote from: Kika on May 01, 2023, 10:08:25£3600 for a laptop???? Are you serious. Who is going to buy this?anything more than £1500 for a laptop is waste of money as it will be outdated in a year.

Agreed. I set myself a limit of around £1000 and just get a previous gen model instead.

NikoB

The review is made disgusting - there is no data on AIDA64 tests. There is no data on the speed with the built-in video card.

The title says that the maximum memory is 64GB and also a lie, because. this series supports 256GB, i.e. maximum 16+128=144GB, although with a soldered module for 16, this is pure idiocy.

If you believe the numbers in the review. 7940HS in fact EPIC FAIL from AMD. We have been waiting for a "4/5nm" SoC for so long, and as a result, such a small increase of 80W(!), and not the native 45W?

What the hell is it for then?

Area51

Is that sizing comparison with the ACER Predator Triton 300SE correct?  I thought that was a 16in laptop?

mrditto

Quote from: NikoB on May 02, 2023, 23:34:05The review is made disgusting - there is no data on AIDA64 tests. There is no data on the speed with the built-in video card.

The title says that the maximum memory is 64GB and also a lie, because. this series supports 256GB, i.e. maximum 16+128=144GB, although with a soldered module for 16, this is pure idiocy.

If you believe the numbers in the review. 7940HS in fact EPIC FAIL from AMD. We have been waiting for a "4/5nm" SoC for so long, and as a result, such a small increase of 80W(!), and not the native 45W?

What the hell is it for then?

I do not see the full review anywhere

BigKid1973

I hope someone can shed some light on the two display options. 2023 the choice is either "normal" IPS with animeMatrix or miniLED but no matrix (according to what I read the miniLEDs need the extra space used for the animeMatrix so its not possible to have both in that chassis).
I personally consider the matrix to be a gimmick the inner geek might enjoy and even find some rare uses for but nothing more. However the article states that the miniLED costs battery life and that could be a deciding factor if I knew just how much battery life and also how much better the miniLED actually looks.
I hope someone cares to compare those options in detail.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview