News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 7390 2-in-1 (i7-8650U, FHD) Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, March 24, 2018, 19:43:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Professional convertible... There's a lot to like about the Latitude 7390 2-in-1, such as its Core i7-8650U quad-core CPU, NVMe SSD, sturdy case with a compact footprint, and dual-storage capability. But it also carries its share of drawbacks—and it's quite expensive.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-7390-2-in-1-i7-8650U-FHD-Convertible-Review.289056.0.html

Maksim

65Wh of powerbank translates to 6200mAh at 10.5 Volts. Typical phone battery is 4000mAh AT 3,7 VOLTS, or, roughly, 15Wh, so the powerbank can charge a phone 4 times, give or take, not 2 times, as stated in the article.

Recon

I am confused with that throttle issue. My Everyday work consists of working on few excel sheets, few word docs and switching to chrome which is opened with ~ 10 tabs. In the background, Spotify is playing music. 

I cannot relate to benchmarking conditions when the processor starts to throttle to my work. Does it mean I can expect low performance?

In this price, I would like to have a safe margin in the performance, and it's peculiar that one of the highest config sucks.

Should I be worried with throttling or it's basically issue on the paper in the benchmarks?

Valantar

Very late reply here, but it took my employer half a year to deliver my notebook (Thanks, Intel supply issues!), so I'm a bit late on board here.

Anyhow, are you sure the second m.2 slot supports storage? From what I can tell, it's there for a cellular modem card, which would suggest a PCIe x1 connection, likely with USB as well. Would this even detect an SSD? Reduced performance isn't that big a deal for a secondary drive, but whether it actually works or not is worth investigating.

Quote from: Recon on April 21, 2018, 00:29:25
I am confused with that throttle issue. My Everyday work consists of working on few excel sheets, few word docs and switching to chrome which is opened with ~ 10 tabs. In the background, Spotify is playing music. 

I cannot relate to benchmarking conditions when the processor starts to throttle to my work. Does it mean I can expect low performance?

In this price, I would like to have a safe margin in the performance, and it's peculiar that one of the highest config sucks.

Should I be worried with throttling or it's basically issue on the paper in the benchmarks?
No. I've had this laptop for a few weeks now, and I use it for mostly normal office tasks, juggling PDFs, word docs, excel files, outlook, a couple dozen Chrome tabs, OneNote, and so on. It handles all this with aplomb, and while the fan is audible, it never really kicks into high gear. No reason to worry during normal office loads. It even handles light/indie gaming quite decently.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview