News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE75 Raider 10SE Laptop Review: 10th Gen Core i7 and GeForce RTX Combo

Started by Redaktion, July 03, 2020, 18:17:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MSI has refreshed its GE75 series for the third year in a row. The new Comet Lake-H CPU is just marginally faster than last year's Core i7 option, but it's a year-over-year upgrade nonetheless.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE75-Raider-10SE-Laptop-Review-10th-Gen-Core-i7-and-GeForce-RTX-Combo.478416.0.html

MOFO

Returned mine because it was obnoxiously loud when gaming.
Loudest laptop I ever owned and could not get used to it

Denis

I'm sure this is a fine laptop, but I fail to see why the GE66 has had such a wonderful upgrade in looks and performance and the GE75 stagnates in it's aging form. I'm certain sales would improve if it had better looks, M.2 slots x2 and a larger battery.

glenn

this model with upgraded RTX 2070, 16gb ram, 512 m.2, 1tb hdd, 144hz.....is on sale black friday 2020....+2 year warranty.............................for $1199.99...... .....

Muhammed Khaled

I've purchased MSI GE75 a year ago. Totally the same performance Cooling system is perfct, frame rate is excellent, best laptop for either gaming experience or designing and 3d Visualisation. Turbo mood is a bonus. The only weakness is its high price according to the Egyptian Currency or Middle East as a general. Also, marketing for the product here needs more work.

Berk

Will this laptop be improved with thermal paste application? I havent seen the teardown to the tim

Ed R

Over all this was a good review.  Regarding heat dissipation, it does get HOT when gaming and in my opinion the keyboard and the palm rests will eventually become uncomfortably hot.

Other issues with this machine:

The fancy customizable colors on the keys worked well for the first 6 months but since then there's been a steady degradation in the reactions. Most of the keys still display the colors and behaviours that I programmed in but some of them seems to have LED failures since the colors should be red until pressed and then light blue upon being pressed which then fades back to red. Instead the colors on some keys (an increasing number of them) are now turning dark blue or purple and then when they fade back it looks clunky.

Also, for as loud as then fans are in this thing it sure doesn't move a lot of air.  you might think about getting a cooling device to set it on top of.

The keyboard: only a year old with moderate gaming (1 to 2 hours a day at most and not every day) and light work use, and I have the left shift, the "A" and  the "S" keys have rubbed off.

The air ports on the sides have thin plastic structural pieces that will break off quite easily. I broke mine by putting the laptop in my backpack when there was a usb drive down at the bottom. as soon as the full weight of the laptop rested on the usb drive it snapped those little tabs.

So my review would be "Great performance, gets hot, hardly ever freezes up, fast enough for new games, but the keyboard isn't as awesome as you would think."

Plus the usual things you get with Windows such as PC waking up randomly for no reason, Adobe acrobat updater persistence to the point of anger, foggy HDMI responses (plug it in and it doesn't catch the sound portion of the signal, unplug and plug it in again and maybe it does start outputting sound or maybe it doesn't), other audio issues possibly from having three different companies and their software, PLUS the OS in control of the same audio HW. Good luck figuring out what happened to your microphone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview