News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel was rather misleading in its comparisons between the Core i9-12900K and Ryzen 9 5950X

Started by Redaktion, November 02, 2021, 16:52:21

Previous topic - Next topic

ariliquin

Sooo many Intel fan boys coming out to spit on the article and AMD. Processor density does not provide a good measure of performance as not all density is created equal. TSMC does have the lead on Intel in both density and performance, however this is mostly due to EUV. When Intel brings EUV we will be comparing Apples to Apples, until then none of the BS trade names 7 verses 7nm means jack s%^t.

Imagine Intel IP on EUV or EUV NA...

Ferret

If you were in the computer industry in the 90s, you'd know that not telling the whole truth is and always has been intel's MO. they might make good chips but the company itself is sheer garbage.

dalekee

Quote from: Rob Stan on November 03, 2021, 00:21:04
To the point I'm wondering sometimes if Intel isn't astroturfing. It wouldn't be the first (or the last) time corporations do this.

Given how dirty Intel plays, there is 99.99999999% change that the are indeed astroturfing

Joe

Higher TDP
Windows 11 bug for AMD
DDR5 vs DDR4

And intels Q4 2021 vs AMDs Q4 2019

If they have to cheat to beat AMDs 2 year old CPU they are in worse shape then I thought.

piemmm

Quote from: dalekee on November 03, 2021, 12:11:03
Given how dirty Intel plays, there is 99.99999999% change that the are indeed astroturfing

These are Intel benchmarks we're talking about here, so let's be reaslistic - it's at least 119.99999% astroturf.

Anonymousgg

Intel lied, people died.

The faulty Windows build is a bigger problem than the power consumption. If AMD is so efficient, they should ramp up their clocks as well. And they probably will with 170W Zen 4 chips.

Dabi

There was nothing misleading about it. First, they mentioned it was a pre-patch build. Blame Microsoft or AMD for not catching the problem, not Intel here. Second, the performance hit on Ryzen CPUs is meaningless, 3% max. Hardware unboxed proved it to be a not a big deal in a recent video.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Dabi on November 03, 2021, 19:15:43
There was nothing misleading about it. First, they mentioned it was a pre-patch build. Blame Microsoft or AMD for not catching the problem, not Intel here. Second, the performance hit on Ryzen CPUs is meaningless, 3% max. Hardware unboxed proved it to be a not a big deal in a recent video.

Yes, let's blame AMD for the issue causing an up to 15% performance hit with Windows 11, an OS which was developed specifically to coincide with and support Intel Alder Lake.

Well, we will get the full story tomorrow.

TomB1966

Let's just wait for the "independent" (if that's possible) reviews and benchmarks. 

I'm highly suspicious of Intel's refusal to allow independent reviews prior to product launch (almost like they need to create the hype and pre-sales pipeline before the facts get out).

In most markets the new intel CPU's are more expensive than their existing AMD counterparts. I suspect the reason for the review embargo is that there might be a slight performance advantage like for like (in non-gaming applications) but not enough to take back a large part of the market especially when considering the high power consumption and what might turn out to be very difficult CPU's to keep cool at the same performance level.

Anyway I'm speculating like everyone else - let's hope my suspicions are incorrect and pressure is put back on AMD to respond which would be good for everyone - Intel and AMD fans alike.

mohamed kazem

Not to care about the current rant, one thing is always to remember.
Ryzen competition, is the thing that saved humanity from 4 core monoply conglomerate (intel)
Its all about money and who pumps more.
Coffee lake released with 6/12 core/thread with A CHEAPER pricing than the months old old 7th gen though developing those cores cost them money...
They would also ran away with 12++++nm prehistoric arch.. Cause in-house fab. Makes them tons of savings....
7nm (and 5 or less of course soon costs a massive premium and is part

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview