News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple begrudgingly allows app sideloading, third-party app stores — bemoans security risks in official announcement as tech giant bows to EU regulations

Started by Redaktion, January 26, 2024, 00:24:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Id

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:37:48You just confirmed my point in the quote
nice way to admit you were wrong

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:37:48literally seven minutes ago, people were talking to each other, walking alone or with someone else, sitting in a restaurant (where I was too) and eating their food... This morning in the gym people were doing their workouts (and who knows, maybe some of them were grinding Standoff 2 during their short breaks), while yesterday in IMAX most people paid their ticket to watch The Beekeeper (decent movie, nothing wow) instead to sit there and play Candy Crush
android fan is denying reality. it's kinda weird to say people are eating in restaurant, training in gym and watching movie in cinemas. what are they doing while they are commuting or waiting or have spare time? nice story about your day but you simply evaded to explain how mobile gaming is raking in billions USD

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:37:48April 1st is 65 days away
lol do you even know standoff 2 has 200 million players and 10 million reviews just on google play, while cs2 has 7.5 million reviews on steam. maybe PUBG mobile with 500M+ installs isn't convincing too, call of duty mobile with 200M? come on, get a life already, people are gaming their phones night and day

Neenyah

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 12:56:50nice way to admit you were wrong
I was wrong that there is more choice on the Android side and not just the S24U? I know you can't understand that but - there is.

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 12:56:50
Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:37:48literally seven minutes ago, people were talking to each other, walking alone or with someone else, sitting in a restaurant (where I was too) and eating their food... This morning in the gym people were doing their workouts (and who knows, maybe some of them were grinding Standoff 2 during their short breaks), while yesterday in IMAX most people paid their ticket to watch The Beekeeper (decent movie, nothing wow) instead to sit there and play Candy Crush
android fan is denying reality. it's kinda weird to say people are eating in restaurant, training in gym and watching movie in cinemas. what are they doing while they are commuting or waiting or have spare time?
I know it's kinda weird to you when you don't do any of those (until Tim Cook tells you to do) so, naturally, you can't see them 😁

Reading books is a thing too, books can be read on phones (shocker, I know). Watching shows, movies, series also and even shitposting here on NBC as you are currently doing pretty well (why are not playing games now?!?).

But no one is doing anything but playing games - because that's all you know about. And people who commute by driving their car are most definitely not playing silly mobile games.

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 12:56:50
Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:37:48April 1st is 65 days away
lol do you even know standoff 2 has 200 million players and 10 million reviews just on google play, while cs2 has 7.5 million reviews on steam. maybe PUBG mobile with 500M+ installs isn't convincing too, call of duty mobile with 200M? come on, get a life already, people are gaming their phones night and day
😂😂😂😂😂

GTFO, this is comedy gold 🤣

RobertJasiek

Quote from: sdvsvv on January 26, 2024, 11:53:57apps with downloads < 1 mil (useless apps mostly).

The level of your comment is exhibited, e.g., in this part, in which you say that my four decades of computer use have been "useless".

Andrew Id

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 13:06:03I was wrong that there is more choice on the Android side and not just the S24U? I know you can't understand that but - there is.
to compete with pro max? good luck

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 13:06:03and even shitposting here on NBC
you are the one shitposting here, your posts have no sense, you ignore all questions in favor of personal attacks

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 13:06:03But no one is doing anything but playing games - because that's all you know about. And people who commute by driving their car are most definitely not playing silly mobile games.
good job on evading the direct question about how mobile games are making billions $ again

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 13:06:03GTFO, this is comedy gold 🤣
and again evaded the direct question who did almost a billion installs if "no one is gaming"

Neenyah

Again, you came here and started with a port of a game that's coming to iOS (who cares) like that's the only important thing to take from the whole article, just to ignore all other points of having a freedom to do with your own phone whatever you want to do. And shortly after, among all other things like people doing nothing but playing games on their phones especially when they commute, you said this:

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 12:56:50lol do you even know standoff 2 has 200 million players and 10 million reviews just on google play, while cs2 has 7.5 million reviews on steam. maybe PUBG mobile with 500M+ installs isn't convincing too, call of duty mobile with 200M?

Does this $1M prize pool tournament look like a Standoff 2 tournament to you?

Again, who exactly cares about cheap and generic phone games at all for more than to get a cheap and generic "fun" out of them?

Andrew Id

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:07:01Again, you came here and started with a port of a game that's coming to iOS (who cares) like that's the only important thing to take from the whole article
how is article even related? my post was related only to your "be smart get Android" shill response lol

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:07:01among all other things like people doing nothing but playing games
i haven't even said that lol

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:12:56Does this $1M prize pool tournament look like a Standoff 2 tournament to you?
unrelated

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:07:01who exactly cares about cheap and generic phone games
yeah so two questions again
if no one cares about mobile gaming how mobile games earn billions of USD
if no one cares about mobile gaming who made almost a billion downloads of just three FPS games

one more weak attempt on evading the questions from you, i am bored. just admit you had no idea how popular mobile gaming is and all your opinions stated above are incorrect and based on wrong assumptions

Neenyah

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 14:15:18
Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:07:01Again, you came here and started with a port of a game that's coming to iOS (who cares) like that's the only important thing to take from the whole article
how is article even related? my post was related only to your "be smart get Android" shill response lol

Shill response is:

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 08:39:50Or just use Android where you as a user have a choice to install whatever tf you want on your own device.
?

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:07:01among all other things like people doing nothing but playing games
i haven't even said that lol

No? Let's see:

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 12:20:18
Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:12:56Because it's the cheapest console to get, yet it is closely followed by quite more expensive PS5. And then you turn around yourself and you don't really see people starring at their screens and playing games wherever you take a look, assuming you leave your home at all though.
man are YOU really leaving your home? :) everyone is doing that, candy crush saga and genshin and star rail and whatever else are raking in billions $

Oh look, you literally said that.

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 12:12:56Does this $1M prize pool tournament look like a Standoff 2 tournament to you?
unrelated
Yep, it doesn't follow your narrative so it's unrelated. I give up, enjoy your mobile gaming (🙃).

gdnfgn

Bipolar disorder is when one is both unhappy with cheap and generic Android games and with Apple trying to bring real triple-A gaming to mobile platform at the same time.
Neenyah is probably using his Nokia 3310 for phone calls and texting only. No fun allowed.

Neenyah

Quote from: gdnfgn on January 26, 2024, 14:22:45Bipolar disorder is when one is both unhappy with cheap and generic Android games and with Apple trying to bring real triple-A gaming to mobile platform at the same time.
Neenyah is probably using his Nokia 3310 for phone calls and texting only. No fun allowed.

Pixel 8 Pro, I don't play crappy mobile games because they are not fun, I have a PC for games with a 240 Hz 1440p screen to play native in ultra details and not with shitty upscaling on tiny phone screens in 30-60 fps. You have fun in Candy Crush or Eversoul on your phone? Well good for you, I'll stick to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Cyberpunk, Stray, Sons of The Forest and such (and CS2 as my main game, of course).

Btw, I'm not against Apple bringing any games (AAA 🤣) on phones. I'm against Apple limiting choice to their users, I know that having choice and freedom what to do with something you paid with your money is a pretty radical way of thinking these days. Apple users in general like to be limited in choice and ways to think and will happily pay for more restrictions so all good there, everyone is happy. Cheers.

Andrew Id

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:20:58Shill response is
yeah it is not shill of course because it is an article about android, oh wait, it is not, it is just some shill trying to advertise android everywhere

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:07:01people doing nothing but playing games
Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 14:20:58everyone is doing that
Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:20:58you literally said that
nice attempt, but you have failed again
there is a huge difference between "everyone is doing that" and "people doing nothing but that"

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:20:58your narrative so it's unrelated
there was no narrative, i have asked you two simple question and you keep failing to answer them and trying to discuss anything else

Cassia

Umm, so didn't read all the comments in this thread but as for gaming on mobile, there's no need to argue, guys. Cassia emu (allows running full fledged native x86 windows game executables on android) is coming mid 2024, so like in 5 months from now and so far the few preview screenshots that have already been shown show pretty good performance even on not the absolute latest phone hardware.

So don't worry, you'll be able to play death stranding along with many other triple AAA games on android soon (or you can just pay apple again for the privilege to play a select few of games you already own on other platforms, that works too as well).

ehh wrong

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 14:28:59
Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:26:17Pixel 8 Pro
zero battery life and zero warranty or support in 98% of the world
not a competitor

hyperbole. braindead comment. the best of Apple can't even measure up to the worst of Android lol. freedom of choice will always win globally.

Neenyah

Quote from: ehh wrong on January 26, 2024, 17:32:22
Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 14:28:59
Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 14:26:17Pixel 8 Pro
zero battery life and zero warranty or support in 98% of the world
not a competitor

hyperbole. braindead comment. the best of Apple can't even measure up to the worst of Android lol. freedom of choice will always win globally.
Of course it's hyperbole, didn't even need to reply to his yet another shitpost but I'll drop some numbers here because of your comment, to put things into context:

• 7 years of official Google support with updates (more than Apple)
  • 2 years warranty (more than Apple) here in the whole EU (which alone is larger than 2% of the planet)
  • about two days of battery life (much improved than what it was initially in October and November of 2023)
  • faster charging (30W vs 20W with the iPhone 15 Pro Max)
  • great screen (better than iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max)
  • better camera than with Apple (although very slightly, mainly in colour reproduction and better noise performance)
  • freedom to install whatever I want be it the trashiest app in the existence or the best in the whole galaxy (again, better than Apple where you can't install anything without their blessing unless you jailbreak)

Pretty happy overall.

Wellwellwell

Quote from: Andrew Id on January 26, 2024, 14:28:59zero battery life and zero warranty or support in 98% of the world
not a competitor
Agreed, awful phone, Google shills really trying to compare it to S23/S24 or 15 pro max all the time, but it's just a different league, it's clear when you use them side by side. Guys with Pixel 8Pro simply can't swallow their buyers' remorse. And no, Google didn't fix performance and battery issues like every Google shill will try to convince you, Tensor CPU = Exynos with all its' issues (including AWFUL emulation support btw). Google only managed to make issues less bad over time.

Quote from: Neenyah on January 26, 2024, 17:53:48Pretty happy overall.
Subjective opinion, people are happy even with Xiaomi. Also your list is from alternative universe.

Quote from: Cassia on January 26, 2024, 16:30:17So don't worry, you'll be able to play death stranding along with many other triple AAA games
It is based on Fex-Emu that already does the same, but its power consumption isn't lower than actually running the same game on x86 desktop. So yeah, it will be like Dex+Termux/Andronix on Android, you CAN create a native desktop semi-Linux (no root) running Linux apps on your phone, but reality is if you run anything this way you immediately can boil eggs on your phone (and that's NATIVE). So good luck waiting.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview