News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Tensor G4 allegedly makes Geekbench debut with questionable CPU configuration

Started by Redaktion, February 09, 2024, 09:07:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Google's upcoming Tensor G4 SoC has supposedly shown up on Geekbench. It packs an 8-core CPU and an Arm Mali G715 GPU. The chip is slated to power the Pixel 9, Pixel 9 Pro and Pixel Fold 2 later this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Tensor-G4-allegedly-makes-Geekbench-debut-with-questionable-CPU-configuration.801927.0.html

Neenyah

Yeah, benchmarks are all it matters. My Pixel 8 Pro is running circles around some much-faster-in-benchmarks phones without a single problem while they stutter here and there, slow down in some completely random (work)loads and so on.

Technerd71

This has to be fake. Exynos 2400 is a decacore processor and 2300 was nonacore. Tensor G3 based on Exynos 2300 is a nonacore chip so I would imagine that Tensor G4 would be a decacore chip like the Exynos 2400 it is based on.

It is not like Google is making a completed custom chip. I doubt Samsung would make a customer die for them with less cores. It doesn't make sense? There is no benefit to anyone?

Neenyah

Quote from: Technerd71 on February 09, 2024, 11:35:14I doubt Samsung would make a customer die for them with less cores.
You have good points in your comment but then again about this here - why not? AMD did exactly that for Microsoft and their Surface Laptop 2 I believe, it was customised and sold only to MS.

lmao

Quote from: Neenyah on February 09, 2024, 10:29:20Yeah, benchmarks are all it matters. My Pixel 8 Pro is running circles around some much-faster-in-benchmarks phones without a single problem while they stutter here and there, slow down in some completely random (work)loads and so on.
hahaha you still double-downing on your crappy 8 Pro with hot Exynos and bad battery life
pathetic case of buyer's remorse

Neenyah

Quote from: lmao on February 09, 2024, 12:58:39
Quote from: Neenyah on February 09, 2024, 10:29:20Yeah, benchmarks are all it matters. My Pixel 8 Pro is running circles around some much-faster-in-benchmarks phones without a single problem while they stutter here and there, slow down in some completely random (work)loads and so on.
hahaha you still double-downing on your crappy 8 Pro with hot Exynos and bad battery life
pathetic case of buyer's remorse
iShit Pro shitter detected.

lmao

Quote from: Neenyah on February 09, 2024, 13:01:00iShit Pro shitter detected.
while s23 ultra users are happy with their devices and silent, pixel 8 pro users spend half their day running around internet and explaining everyone they haven't made a mistake by buying into google marketing )))

Neenyah

Quote from: lmao on February 09, 2024, 13:03:18...💩💩...
🌲🍏🦮

Edit: Made a search on myself to find how many times did I mention "Pixel 8" altogether - twice. You really are a true Apple cuck, lmao indeed.

lmao

Quote from: Neenyah on February 09, 2024, 13:10:12true Apple cuck
oh now you are shilling by cowardly editing your old comment lmao
nah, don't even need apple to beat pixel, just compare it to samsung

Puiu

it would run in circles faster if it had a faster SOC. and it has some things it is slower than the competition.

Ahamd

Quote from: ascas on February 09, 2024, 09:55:13Google keeps double downing on a bad rebranded Exynos chip, good luck
depending on whether the Google Tensor G4 soc is a modified Exynos 2400. Samsung also makes a 5G modem Exynos 5400 fab used for 3GAE generation 1 and 3GAP generation 2, possibly using the Google Pixel series. (Google Tensor G3 is not a modification of the Exynos 2300, Samsung just didn't release the SoC)

why mali tho

I just can't understand or get over the decision why they chose to essentially copy a Exynos SoC but not completely and use the vastly superior rdna igpu? Like hello google? Maybe the development timelines just didn't matchup / align for the earlier Tensor iterations but still sticking to mali even now? Seriously?

I suppose they've done quite a bit of optimization for it over the years and don't wanna let that all to go to waste but meh.. Hopefully their collaboration can help improve future arm gpu's because the current default advice in android emu discord servers is to sell your device if you've a mali gpu phone. :L

thekingofmonks

Quote from: Technerd71 on February 09, 2024, 11:35:14This has to be fake. Exynos 2400 is a decacore processor and 2300 was nonacore. Tensor G3 based on Exynos 2300 is a nonacore chip so I would imagine that Tensor G4 would be a decacore chip like the Exynos 2400 it is based on.

It is not like Google is making a completed custom chip. I doubt Samsung would make a customer die for them with less cores. It doesn't make sense? There is no benefit to anyone?

Possible reasons:
- More thermal headroom while retaining the same clocks since the P8 series often overheated
- Smaller die size for higher chip yield

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview