News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

3 million smart toothbrushes cause millions in damage due to DDoS attack

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2024, 00:20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpystiltskin

Expat Kingy

It's unlocked

Quote from: Neenyah on February 07, 2024, 16:05:46Smart toothbrush is about equally useful as smart dildo. Add prefix "smart" to everything to bump the price and watch non-smart people buy that crap.
Quote from: kaikayai on February 08, 2024, 05:59:22
Quote from: Neenyah on February 07, 2024, 16:05:46Smart toothbrush is about equally useful as smart dildo.

Incorrect. I can use a smart dildo to spice up my girlfriend's work life.

Sounds like an HR meeting is in the future for someone.

We've already experienced a sex toy ransomware attack where penis chastity devices were locked and the password changed unless you paid up.

It's unlocked

Quote from: grumpystiltskin on February 08, 2024, 18:38:16not real.  Bluetooth devices connected to a phone cannot reach the world.

This is 100% incorrect, Bluetooth devices can access the Internet via a phone even without Bluetooth internet connection sharing(tethering).  Just look at any smart watch. Bluetooth is incredibly versatile and is always listening, sending and accepting packets even when it is paired.  If it's not properly configured you can even send malicious links as popups like the F0 attack on iPhones that is done solely through BLE, any device in range gets a popup saying whatever you want it to say.

lmao

Quote from: It's unlocked on February 09, 2024, 14:19:17Just look at any smart watch.
they only get what their software on the phone is sending them, they do not "access internet without tethering"

Quote from: It's unlocked on February 09, 2024, 14:19:17F0 attack
unrelated, f zero is an attack from the side of bt device, not vice versa

Jameson

Quote from: It's unlocked on February 09, 2024, 14:14:59
Quote from: Neenyah on February 07, 2024, 16:05:46Smart toothbrush is about equally useful as smart dildo. Add prefix "smart" to everything to bump the price and watch non-smart people buy that crap.
Quote from: kaikayai on February 08, 2024, 05:59:22
Quote from: Neenyah on February 07, 2024, 16:05:46Smart toothbrush is about equally useful as smart dildo.

Incorrect. I can use a smart dildo to spice up my girlfriend's work life.

Sounds like an HR meeting is in the future for someone.

We've already experienced a sex toy ransomware attack where penis chastity devices were locked and the password changed unless you paid up.

That was also a fake story.

rocko

Not going to lie. I almost spit out my lemonade in laughter. I mean, if you need a "smart" toothbrush to brush your teeth for your or something like that, either you got a royalty complex or you're just lazy.

marc hornbeek

this is nonsense.  these devices are typically not connected to the internet. please check your sources more carefully. the source admitted it is a hoax.

Aaron12345

Take this utter misinformation down. Regardless of your editors note, this entire article is worthless and should be utterly deleted. The headline is STILL wrong. Utterly wrong.

You've been blocked

Roy Olsen

The story is complete nonsense. This never happened, you should be ashamed for reporting it as truth.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview