News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Rumor: Physical Xbox games say goodbye to retail

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2024, 16:35:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The sale of physical games is becoming less and less worthwhile. According to rumors, some retailers have already started to take them off the shelves completely.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Rumor-Physical-Xbox-games-say-goodbye-to-retail.800157.0.html

sya

and soon microsoft will become 3rd party game developer for other consoles and sony will follow after it.
I've watched a YouTube video for retail store on united state he said the recent increase of digital market makes him more profit as the people seek to obtain the physical copy of their favorite games. and digital market doesn't have the sustainably because of the negligible system that prevent people from owning their games even when they pay full price, basically digital market is rental service that last for certain years then it disappear with everything inside it. and there is more flaw of digital market make it more temporary solution before it crush.   

Julian M

Funny how the elephant in the room that no one is willing to talk about is the second-hand game trade that is essentially cutting into studios's sales (not from a consumer point of view, obviously).

Rbrooks

I suppose MS can do whatever they want to do and I'll do whatever I want to do.
   I often get tired of a game and come back to it a year or 2 later.
I wouldn't want to be at the whim of some online catalogue which just deletes content at random. (The same thing is happening on streaming services right now, like D+)

Things looked like they were headed this direction way back when Xbone was intro'd and it was a paperweight until you got online and registered it.
That was a big problem for me since I was living on-site in a hotel at the time. MS didn't include any smarts like a web browser, so I had to go out and buy a laptop in order to SHARE the connection with the Xbone.
  It was a lot of hoops to jump thru just to fire up a game console.
It was such a bad experience I traded it to a friend and got a PS4. The ps4 connected to the hotel router and allowed me to login. (But the PS4 could actually play a game right out of the box without registering it...crazy, right?.)
  I have just stayed with PS since that time.
Of course, Sony is looking to go the same direction with their diskless PS5.
 Once games are ONLY available in digital, my plan is to go to PC gaming where I'll have to switch to a hacked version of a game to keep  it forever.
 I suppose if all games go ONLINE ONLY, like buldars gate 3, then I'll no longer be a gamer.

Dkm

Quote from: Rbrooks on February 06, 2024, 16:13:03I suppose if all games go ONLINE ONLY, like buldars gate 3, then I'll no longer be a gamer.

You and me both.  They're gonna find Out the hard way that this is a huge mistake. 

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview