News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X fails to hold up against the Core i7-13700K despite performing 25% faster than the Ryzen 7 5800X in Cinebench R20

Started by Redaktion, August 24, 2022, 19:52:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

What a strange comparison to make. The 13700k has more threads and cost more money.   Why would you expect the 7700k to match it in multithreading? 

Xs

Doesn't matter much, consumer should consider everything like cost, power draw , platform (motherboard, Ram etc .) A lot will depend on amd cpu & MB prices. I think even with lower single core amd may have advantage in gaming. Adl had a lot more ST perf. But didn't always win against zen3.

Eugen88

Rob Stan

NBC again with the genius input of comparing unrlesed (244W) $450-500 SKU to (allegedly) $300 one... cause both have a 7 in the name, so that must be the smart way of doing it right? LMAO

Maybe try less editorializing and more just reporting on things? Yeah, thanks.

I really have to wonder if you guys are trolling, doing it for clicks (drama = clicks) or just plain ignorant about so many things. Either way, your tech "journalism" division is garbage next to your near-stellar mobile devices reviews division.

Dopamine

Quote from: 8&8 on August 25, 2022, 15:36:09moving directly to 7800X3D no? don't understand their market decisions, showing on september 7800X that is 25% faster and january 7800X3D 30% faster than the original one. Just wait and move to 7800X3D, also because amd souldn't have fear of intel raptors, 5950X is still good enought, and people change cpu after 3/5 years. competition is good, but consumist is the killer of human genre!!!

Raptor-X (7800X3D) is out Q1 2023. I'm waiting for that, assuming prices aren't astronomical.

SuperNick

Why didn't the author mention the core difference in the article? I have heard of news sites giving Intel more praise than AMD, but this article takes that to the extreme.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Dopamine on August 26, 2022, 14:48:18Raptor-X (7800X3D) is out Q1 2023. I'm waiting for that, assuming prices aren't astronomical.

Raphael-X. I assume the price will fall right in the middle of the 7700X and 7900X. Could be $450 like the 5800X3D was. It will be much easier to stomach if it delivers +30% instead of +15%.

iSheepNot

Wait. What? A 16-core Intel i7-13700K was not able to significantly outperform an 8-core Ryzen 7700X? What a shock! 😱

I was expecting it to outperform by at least 50% since it has 50% more  core and thread count. It is not that simple the comparison since E-cores are meant for specific tasks, I know, but still.

This article just raised my expectations for the upcoming Ryzen 4 desktop CPUs. Thank you 🙏

Josht

Quote from: Rob Stan on August 26, 2022, 14:26:23NBC again with the genius input of comparing unrlesed (244W) $450-500 SKU to (allegedly) $300 one... cause both have a 7 in the name, so that must be the smart way of doing it right? LMAO

Maybe try less editorializing and more just reporting on things? Yeah, thanks.

I really have to wonder if you guys are trolling, doing it for clicks (drama = clicks) or just plain ignorant about so many things. Either way, your tech "journalism" division is garbage next to your near-stellar mobile devices reviews division.
Was looking for this comment. 50% higher price for less than 50% multithreaded perf, marginally better ST perf and much worse efficiency. This isn't even news. Lets compare the 7900x to the 13700k when the time comes. Especially since Intel is confirmed to increase pricing.

RKS

So the 7700X achieves 95% of single core performance and just about 67% of multi-core performance with 8 fewer physical cores and 8 fewer threads (if I understood Intel's design right) while consuming 53% less power than the i7-13700k.

Yeah, sounds like Intel has a real winner there...  Now compare it to the 7900X. Better yet the 7950X.

I haven't bought an Intel CPU or laptop for years because of their power consumption and the moronic amount of heat they generate.

Intel seems to be paying a pretty penny for all the articles bashing AMD right now. Funny how these articles have no real spec and performance comparison.

I don't care which manufacturer outperforms the other. Do a real comparison between equivalent chips ya freaking sell-outs. 

Petersun

Why is this even a comparison review...it's not even similar price points or hardware. This dude is high or trolling.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview