News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zephyrus G14 timed exclusivity deal for the AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS might have hurt the processor more than it helped

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2020, 02:43:05

Previous topic - Next topic

_MT_

Well, HS versions looked like high bin H processors. And that would imply limited availability. AMD might not be able to supply more manufacturers even if they wanted to. I can also imagine that AMD offered the HS version to Asus in exchange for Asus making a decent (and compact) laptop with their processor. It also suited them because of the smaller size. Without the (exclusive) HS, there might have been no G14.

ytpleb

AC

I bought a White ASUS Rog 14 with the AMD Ryzen 4900HS processor, with 8 cores/16 threads, and it is by far the best OEM laptop I ever owned..

Performance is outstanding, bright screen, good sound speakers, light and great looking, etc.

Bought it from Best Buy, and in the web it said it was in stock, but the Best Buy guy said it wasn't..  I asked him to check their boxes, and there were a couple of them..

It comes with the RTX 2060 Max-Q and the internal AMD APU gou, which us great.

I used to buy HP laptops  but HP only offers old AMD processors..

ASUS will eat away HP laptop customers from HP..  I don't need HP any  more, though, tge HP Envy 360 thst I bough was a nice system, but the ASUS AMD 4900HS kills the HP laptops..

Spunjji

Quote from: Anonyneko on September 13, 2020, 11:45:31
It's long been rumored that these chips have some bandwidth limitations that discourage pairing them with the highest end GPUs
Long been "rumoured" by people who have no idea what they're talking about and Intel shills. For the millionth time: the performance difference between PCIe 3.0 16x and PCIe 3.0 8x is ~2% with a 2080Ti.

It Is Not A Factor In This Issue.

Re: the article - I have my doubts that AMD were able to produce many of the 4900HS bin. It shouldn't have stopped any OEMs using the 4800H, though, which is a better fit for the average gaming laptop. But they haven't. In effect, you're blaming AMD for larger industry problems.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview