News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

DELL LATITUDE E6530 When is your review coming ?

Started by willy30, October 05, 2012, 21:05:42

Previous topic - Next topic

willy30

You often review laptops within a month of release.    The Ivy Bridge Latitude E6530 refresh has been out 4 months now, but no review.

When is your review of the E6530 coming out ?

And as your reviewers point out, reason many choose a 15.6" screen is for choice of a higher quality panel option for photo work, that is rarely an option below 15".

I like your well structured review format with permanent sections for Screen, Noise, Heat, Exterior Ports etc.

However, your coverage of Internal Ports is very much hit & miss.   Can you update your review format to included a permanent section to list Internal Ports eg mSATA, mini-PCIe, their quantity & specification (eg. PCIe V3, speed), whether used by the manufacturer eg for WWLAN.  Eg. it is not always clear if there are enough slots for both a SSD Cache AND a WWLAN.  Dell normally occupies 1 slot for WiFi/BT.
Can you also add a permanent section to review WiFi range/speed, whether on 2.4 or 5GHz or both; preferably in form of a table.   I see others commented XPS 15 for example has severe WiFi problems - but one would not know that from your review.

nwi

same here, ... really missing the valuable review from notebookcheck for the e6530.
would love to see a test with the i7-3720qm, nvidia grafic and fhd display.
crossing fingers, as i need to buy a new machine soon ...

willy30

Quote from: nwi on October 06, 2012, 00:01:03
same here, ... really missing the valuable review from notebookcheck for the e6530.
would love to see a test with the i7-3720qm, nvidia grafic and fhd display.  ...
Problem for me with i7-3720QM is the 45W TDP (and its price).  As my last Dell overheated and the Ivy XPS 15 has various problems including overheating/bad throttling which the Notebookcheck review acknowledged,  including its FHD screen not being as good for photography/film viewing as on their previous models, I prefer a CPU of 25 or 35W TDP max.    Maybe even a top end ULV (i7-3667U or i5-3427U) is enough for me - except Dell don't offer ULV options on their 15" Notebooks, so their choice is low consumption/poor display or good display/high consumption.

The FHD screen :  MC6JN-156WF1 reviewed in Dell's previous Latitude (E6520) got a very good review, excellent contrast of 669, almost full sRGB colour gamut so I hope Dell haven't downgraded it   (why they couldn't have used that in the XPS 15 I don't know).    The XPS 15 refresh brought a welcome 23.2mm slim body but unfortunately didn't cut energy consumption or weight - curiously heavier than the new Latitude, which sadly kept the fat body but did cut weight.

Intel has at last seen the need to reduce energy consumption with Sandy & Ivy Bridge, with a much bigger reduction to 10W TDP promised with nextgen Haswell without loss of performance.  But that means waiting another 6 months ?  The reduction in CPU consumption has not been matched by energy reductions in the rest of the Notebook, hence the continuing problems of overheating, noise and weight, as a large/heavy battery (not removable in XP 15) is fitted to provide all that heat.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview