News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Ally 2 confirmed - 4 issues the next-gen handheld PC needs to address

Started by Redaktion, May 04, 2024, 15:52:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Asus ROG Ally 2 (or 2024) will apparently make an appearance at Computex 2024. While details on the new handheld device are still unclear, it could really use an update to the display, controls, and ports, as well as a proper fix for the pesky microSD card issue. Here's what Asus should do, in one writer's humble opinion.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Ally-2-confirmed-4-issues-the-next-gen-handheld-PC-needs-to-address.834050.0.html

MOFO

Agree with mostly all the suggestions but the screen resolution, I have a Go and ALLY but 800p on the Go's screen looks like a** when you have to read any text , if anything give us a slightly bigger screen like on the SD but keep it at 1080p using 900p is almost indistinguishable from native 1080p .
Would rather see a 32GB option and bigger battery + a Black color option

JUAN_pcbox

I confirm everything stated, but for me, who plays an average of 3 hours a day, what would interest me most would be:
Using the new Zen 5 with RDNA 3+ AMD has created a new Ray Tracing engine for the RX 8000 GPUs with RDNA 4, breaking with all previous architectures, I know that the current Zen 4 surpasses Intel in everything but we have to take a step towards native 1080p with minimal consumption.
The second most important thing is MORE BATTERY, I know that the Zen 4 consumes very little compared to Intel with which the battery is finished in 2 hours, but taking one more step Zen 5 + MORE BATTERY would be orgasmic.
Also essential is: Change the normal analog joysticks of the ROG Ally for Hall effect joysticks for the ROG Ally 2; this would make the joysticks more customizable and durable.

AJ

Adding all of these things without raising cost is impossible.

It can't have a LegionGo screen size and still be the same size. The screen size and lack of ergonomics due to it are the biggest drawback to the LegionGo. Shrinking the bezels would be great, as the Switch did, but it's already a bigger screen than the Switch without that.

I'm a grown-up so I don't game that much, but I really wonder who the folks are who have worn out their joysticks in a year. The device getting dirty I can kinda see, but who games enough to do that without a case? I personally think the white looks sharper in a crowded marketplace of black devices.

Another USB port would be convenient, but doesn't feel like a must. I'm not sure when I'd ever use two without being docked, making it redundant. And ports are space. Far and away the top priorities are the SD card issue (though I'll never use it with my SSD upgrade, if it exists, it needs to work reliably), and battery life. I'd rather ASUS devote every iota of space gain to a larger battery and otherwise do nothing to raise the pricepoint.

George

A bit of article recycle eh?

#1 - Hall effect Joy sticks (how did this get released without?)
#2 - Fix the card slot (ditto here)
#3 - make the USBC port USB4/TB4 so eGPU/Power tethering is possible
#4 - more battery life (larger battery or less energy consumption)

IMHO: screen size/ergonomics is wrong - 4-6" screen size would fix

I'm guessing what we'll see is the latest AMD APU.

WhateverDude

Quote from: George on May 04, 2024, 20:54:32A bit of article recycle eh?

#1 - Hall effect Joy sticks (how did this get released without?)
#2 - Fix the card slot (ditto here)
#3 - make the USBC port USB4/TB4 so eGPU/Power tethering is possible
#4 - more battery life (larger battery or less energy consumption)

IMHO: screen size/ergonomics is wrong - 4-6" screen size would fix

I'm guessing what we'll see is the latest AMD APU.

#3... Why would they do this? They make their own egpu w/proprietary connections.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview