News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple M2 Ultra vs the might of x86

Started by Redaktion, November 08, 2023, 08:58:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The launch of Apple's first home-grown CPU design in late 2020 has sparked an arms race with x86 giants such as AMD and Intel. The M2 Ultra has a total of 24 CPU cores in which 16 are performance cores and 8 are efficiency cores. Does the extra 4 efficiency cores that the M2 Ultra has over the M1 Ultra mean that Apple is finally able to entice workstation users?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-M2-Ultra-vs-the-might-of-x86.763541.0.html

davidm

Sorry but you really have to improve your writing. Very often you use odd or unnecessary qualifiers that make text difficult to scan. On first read, in the edited paragraph you're making it sound like x86 is at a disadvantage. In particular, the word "alone" implies you are arriving at a larger price tag. As well, some vendors will happily sell you an x86 system for more than the price of a Mac. I've been a fan of notebookcheck for years, along with others I recognize its consistency, but the writing and attempts to pander with sensationalist words are a drawback.

«Not particularly impressive results for a platform that would set you back thousands of dollars. The Ryzen 9 7950X and Core i9-13900K cost under $700 each, and the component price of a complete system is much lower than a souped-up Apple Mac Studio when fully kitted with a motherboard, RAM, storage, GPU etc. With software such as Revit and other engineering-related software still unavailable on Mac, Apple has a long way to go before it can shake x86 dominance in the workstation segment.»

splus

Is this an old article??? Anandtech article linked here is 10 months old. M3 Max made M2 Ultra obsolete because it is faster. That's a laptop chip.

I fully agree with the other post talking about the quality of your articles in general. Notebookcheck, you guys write about interesting topics, but the quality of your articles is a step below the other tech blogs. It would be good if you can improve on the quality of the articles. It's everything - the overall layout, the repetitive style, putting important numbers, such as benchmark results, together with the text where they get lost, instead into a small table where it is easier to compare the numbers, and not even to mention the archaic and cumbersome comment section, which basically puts people off from commenting, and thus engaging with your website.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview