News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Mercedes-Benz beats Tesla to FSD punch with Level 3 autonomous driving for US roads — Ts and Cs apply

Started by Redaktion, April 22, 2024, 16:05:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Despite working on the tech for years, Tesla has now been beaten to regulatory approval for Level 3 autonomous driving by two manufacturers. Nevada and California have now both approved the use of Mercedes-Benz's Drive Pilot, making it the first company in the US to offer Level 3 ADAS.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mercedes-Benz-beats-Tesla-to-FSD-punch-with-Level-3-autonomous-driving-for-US-roads-Ts-and-Cs-apply.829848.0.html

Janon

I get that zinging Tesla generates clicks, but anyone who has spent even five minutes in the latest Tesla system knows this framing is ridiculous based on the enormous limits on the Benz system.  These just aren't remotely playing the same game.

As for Tesla supposedly having to spend massively on "FSD accidents", any actual data on that? We hear this FUD endlessly in the media, yet government response to Tesla doesn't suggest any massive safety issue.  The giant "recall" that the media got endless mileage out of ended up being a quick software update that tuned the attention monitoring system.

Meanwhile tens of thousands of people a year die on the road because humans can't manage to consistently drive well despite their delusions. No articles on that though, too boring. Not to mention we'll never know if any of those countless thousands were using other ADAS systems since the media only cares if it's Tesla.

I'm no Elon fan, but the bias in reporting is glaring.

Ormond Otvos

40 mph on the freeway will get you pulled over for a "welfare check."
Does it wake you up for construction zones? Does it pull over if you wake up too slowly?
I've read that you can't be the only car on that highway.
This is a gimmick.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview