News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad E15 & E14 G4: New budget ThinkPads use the Ryzen 5000 refresh Barcelo-U

Started by Redaktion, March 09, 2022, 17:12:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Without any formal announcement, Lenovo is introducing the new ThinkPad E14 G4 and ThinkPad E15 G4. Skipping an announcement is nothing new for the budget oriented E series, which receive rather small CPU updates this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-E15-E14-G4-New-budget-ThinkPads-use-the-Ryzen-5000-refresh-Barcelo-U.607325.0.html

rusk

AdrianPLjebacpis

Damn it, overol ther is no uograde at all... I was sure they will put new gen CPUs and 16:10 screens... Maby I should look for się 2nd hand ThinkPads???

bazsy

The CPU upgrade is pretty good since the last gen used zen2 cores and these are zen3. It's a shame we don't get the new GPU, I guess those will be in the T series.

E

My biggest problem with this E series is HDMI 1.4, seriously cannot event plug in 1080p 144Hz monitor

Ednumero

Agree on HDMI 1.4. At that point (and actually at a lot of other points, since conversion adapters are cheap) just put in DisplayPort. In the face of sub-logical demand for HDMI over DP esp. w/ outdated versions in play, @Lenovo, educate consumers don't appeal.

Or maybe by some mechanism the cost of including DisplayPort (old or new) would still be higher than old HDMI, I don't really know for sure tbh.

16:10 would have been nice in any case.

Ednumero

> These devices do have DisplayPort, via USB C.

Good point.

While I'd probably still find it more practical if the HDMI 1.4 port's space were instead occupied by a second DisplayPort-enabled port, USB-C or otherwise, you're right and at least it's not the only video port.

Should be able to run high-res and/or high-refresh-rate monitors just fine over the USB-C.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview