News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S22 disappoints in battery life tests as it barely hits 5 hours of screen-on time

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2022, 23:13:56

Previous topic - Next topic

DMaple

Received the S22 yesterday and set it all up, updating apps and such.  Today starting off from a 100% charge, from 6 am to 1pm, the battery was down to 11%, mixed use almost no streaming.  The screen was off most of the day.  Switch back to my S10E.  I'm thankful to verizon for letting me return it with no restock fee.

Bunny

I've had an S22 for almost a month now and yes, the battery life is absolutely terrible. To give you a precise idea, the average for me was 3.14 minutes per 1 percentage unit. I'd have to drop below 5% to hit the 5h SOT mark.
I had a Pixel 5 last year and the battery life on that thing was absolutely amazing. It completely changed the way I charged a phone.  I then upgraded to an iPhone 13 Pro for 4 months and the battery life was also impeccable. Not so different than the Pixel's as a matter of fact, despite the praises. But I hated iOS so I sold the phone and decided to preorder an S22. I love the phone. It looks good, it's well made and so on. The battery life though, bad. Google managed to fit a 4000mAh battery in a phone that's smaller than this S22 and Samsung couldn't. Very disappointing

Bunny

Quote from: Bunny on March 11, 2022, 09:09:56
I've had an S22 for a little over 2 weeks now and yes, the battery life is absolutely terrible. To give you a precise idea, the average for me was 2.5 minutes per 1 percentage unit.
I had a Pixel 5 last year and the battery life on that thing was absolutely amazing. It completely changed the way I charged a phone.  I then upgraded to an iPhone 13 Pro for 4 months and the battery life was also impeccable. Not so different than the Pixel's as a matter of fact, despite the praises. But I hated iOS so I sold the phone and decided to preorder an S22. I love the phone. It looks good, it's well made and so on. The battery life though, bad. Google managed to fit a 4000mAh battery in a phone that's smaller than this S22 and Samsung couldn't. Very disappointing

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview