News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Summit E15 laptop review: Advance into the premium business segment

Started by Redaktion, February 01, 2021, 21:19:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Summit E15 is supposed to make life difficult for the established Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme and Dell XPS 15 top dogs. To achieve this, MSI uses the most current technology: Tiger Lake, Turing, USB 4.0, Thunderbolt 4, PCI Express 4. Our test shows, whether this plan succeeds.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Summit-E15-laptop-review-Advance-into-the-premium-business-segment.517736.0.html

xpclient

LOL this keyboard layout from MSI is so weird and unusual. What's up with Fn on the right, narrow and squeezed with Alt, extremely wide Ctrl, narrow tilde key?

Anyway, I have a question for anyone with knowledge of it: for laptops with just 1 M.2 2280 slot on Tiger Lake laptops, does it or does it not support PCIe 4.0 x4 speeds? I asked Intel support on Twitter and even they don't know for sure. They admitted that Intel Tiger Lake platform does not automatically assure that the M.2 NVMe slot in the laptop will support PCI Express 4.0 Gen 4. It can STILL be PCIe 3.0. So they advise checking with the manufacturer!

Grinnie Jax

Make it with 6/12 CPU and better screen and we are talking. 43.2 ms 60% argb is kinda meh. On the bright side - both RAM slots aren't soldered, great.

I Carumba

Glossy?  Hard Pass.   
Touchscreen?  Is this a children's toy or a business laptop?  Come on MSI.

Dump the 1650ti and put in the weak-a** 60w 3060 that you use in your Stealth 15M.

Vildan

Make test of Power Consumption with GPU off please. For day by day using from the battery a lot of users just use it like business laptop, without games.  So, it has big battery and i7 11 gen. I think, with gpu off it must show more then 12-14 hr work on battery in work process.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview