News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE review: The OEM desktop graphics card controlled by an RX 6950 XT at lower consumption

Started by Redaktion, August 25, 2023, 13:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Without much advance notice, AMD has released the Radeon RX 7900 GRE. Initially, the graphics card was only supposed to be available in China. In this review, we have taken a closer look at the GPU which can only be purchased via the system manufacturer Memory:PC. Read on and find out about how well this model performed.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-RX-7900-GRE-review-The-OEM-desktop-graphics-card-controlled-by-an-RX-6950-XT-at-lower-consumption.743234.0.html

EULawGDPR

Capitalism Sabotage(1) all way down in N+1 Dimensions, first mentioning your mentioned 'shame' (but that's the price of a pure oligopoly; we need at least one more strong Player to see some Poincare dynamics..) but the actual CS(1) is that it's unbelievable how poor are some of the games tested optimized ... I get 100FPS in DOTA2 @ FullHD(3/3) with a 1600x + gtx1660 + some 2800MhzKingston(CL13!)(the teleporting Elephant in all rooms but I will detail only if I will be asked: "why all benchmarks fail to benchmark properly" : you never use the same freqs, timmings, memories, a pure mess) but my build has around 7TFLOPS(32bit), at best ... So it's simply astonishing to see such a shameful 'growth' for a card almost 6 times as powerful ...

Ok, DOTA2 is a decade old + some very poor optimization + I see that it does much of the work in the CPU(I saw the bottleneck there) which I feel is to help a little poor INTELs history in the Graphic world but that's just my idea but I have a firm idea that this is the universal case in the IT world. Nevermind talking about notebooks ... As we can see, this poor 1200$ build can beat almost anything 'notebook' means for half a price ... so this is the Standard, they really can't break the laws of physics any hard they will try ...

(and I will not bother you with all the bugs that I still encounter from the simple fact that they still try to compile vulkan shaders even if you disable that thing ! and this is already an ancient one + they won't even compile + it's not 'MODDED' in the sense that why I should download ALL THE TIME 40GB(20+decompress) when I don't own ALL those skins, huds, textures etc.) -- this is another perv. problem that all those frameworks that force you to play DRM-unfree could in fact, check your machine, see that you use 1080p, as example, 2.0 SPDIF, as example, and JUST DOWNLOAD those FullHD Textures, those 2.0 @ 16 bit 44Khz sounds, etc ! At least, the option ! I know people have broadband nowdays but still ! Why loosing SO MUCH TIME ?! I think it's very fixable but it's done on purpose for anti-piratery reasons ... (my bet) + the idea that if something is big or pricey, is worthed !

NVM, let's continue ...

But the main idea of this awkward poor wrong typed comm. is that they break the laws of 'The Market' All the time and that's because the Market is by far not in the 'equilibrium of an optimal competition' + all the off-topic gremmlins that I will not talk about but the main idea stands : Clear Oligopoly from parsecs away.

(interesting how AMD beats an NVIDIA optimized game even though NVIDIA doesn't have the gut to open-source their drivers once it for all...I really have to install 'Flatpak' on Linux, meaning already another distro over my distro, which is already awful, just to get rid of the 32bit nighmarish Curse, doing some DKMS for a custom kernel with uncompatible headers is Too Much ! , I actually love -clear-lts one, least blotted, -libre won't boot even with 'nouveau' because you still have to load some DRMed closed-source BLOB... but, Let's hope for the Best)

Anyway, sorry for this mess, I really hope it will be published and read and even more, to have some impact for the future of Desktop Computing, in general !

After all, everything benchmarked are just some 'algoed' processes ... FLOPS are everything, badly, the don't want to use all of them Properly...

EULawGDPR

P.S. : Considering Solow et all 'Laws', the only hope our society has is in a patent-free world, which would actually maximize that 'optimal-single-market-competition', which, after all is nothing but High Tech.

Yes, everyone should learn STEM, programming their labors, ridding of all the useless labor and 'fight' in The Field for The Benefit of Mr. Kite !

Nevertheless, let's hope for the Best !

(I really wait for some math from IMF for a Patent-Free world but someone more heard should forward them...) --the fact that I hear the broken kind of thinking : "What would you do if you let free your idea?" starts from the wrong paradigm : There would be no 'closed' ideas left ! Enjoy yourselves !

After all, it's really about money ? Money is just a middleman for trust, that's why the society got so psychotic but that's another talk ! Maybe someone would someday pay me for my thinking ! I will have to try harder. (you got my email and I'm not  even talking about Notebookcheck :D, even so, I won't refuse a good-paid job..)

Thanks anyway for allowing all this non-sense ! (at least some LLMs have some job right now..)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview