News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple's MacBook Pro 17 was discontinued in 2012 but revisiting our 2011 model review will help soothe the pain

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2023, 17:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Apple MacBook Pro 17 was one of the first Thunderbolt-enabled laptops on the market. It featured a large 95 Wh battery and a mighty 45 W Intel CPU. As with many Apple products, it was the high price that took a lot of shine out of the deal.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-s-MacBook-Pro-17-was-discontinued-in-2012-but-revisiting-our-2011-model-review-will-help-soothe-the-pain.706384.0.html

Alex Broner

I had one of these gifted to me by a family friend and it remains an intriguing project to get some use out of it. Very few programs are compatible with the last version of Mac OS it will run. I've considered replacing the HDD with a SSD and simultaneously installing windows or Linux.

Physically I like the smooth exterior except for the edge of top deck which is sharp! I was able to buy some pads which can mitigate this but it's less than ideal.

Overall it's cool to own a "white elephant" laptop to experiment with but it will take some tinkering to turn it into a very large and heavy netbook.

J. Huang

QuoteOverall it's cool to own a "white elephant" laptop to experiment with but it will take some tinkering to turn it into a very large and heavy netbook.

Keep it for the next 50 years then sell it via an auction for 10 million dollars.

You are welcome.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview