News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PS5 random pricing in Nielsen survey could indicate that Sony has plans to price the PlayStation 5 consoles at an irresistible point

Started by Redaktion, July 05, 2020, 01:55:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagnabulous

Good luck being locked into buying directly from Sony with the all digital version. Paying full price for months/years old games is great. Everyone knows when you take away competition things just get better.

Console digital market places are s***, with s*** prices....that are only comparable AT launch where most/all prices are the same. Why discount things when your base has few/no options. Even digital codes (when available) like to remain oddly high.

The drive....for one is overpriced. $100 extra dollars for a drive is silly.

But. It gives the console maker a reason to keep prices competitive.

$100 dollars now will cost you alot more later, when you are paying $59/$69 for all of your games.

Xbox has a serious edge there with game pass and smart delivery, but I'd still never buy a digital only console.

DANIEL JOSEPH CALZACORTA

I guess you can call me "old fashion" but, I'll be picking up the ps5 with a disc drive. I haven't purchased any digital games really, and I like having the ability to sell a game later if I want. Half my games I've picked up on offer up, Facebook market place, etc for maybe half their retail price ( little as a few weeks after release). Theirs always someone that doesn't like the Game, bored with it, etc . Also, I don't see a problem with these consoles price points. The turnover for each generation is usually 7-8 years, and 500.00 isn't very much in that time span. Lastly, I'll probably be skipping an Xbox again unless they have some good first party content. My laptop can handle everything they have out now on medium setting too.

DANiel joseph

Quote from: Anonym on July 06, 2020, 13:38:15
Quote from: Special Guy on July 06, 2020, 04:39:15Physical copy seems the right move if the future economy presents a pay the electric bill or the internet scenario. Which millions of this market are likely headed for.
Nonsense. If anyone falls into a situation where they must decide which utility bill they are going to pay this month, buying a PS5 (or any other disposable income good) is completely out of the equation.

I think he was saying that it's better to have a physical copy because an all digital version wouldnt be useful when someone has to sacrifice buying a game when they have to pay a bill, etc. Also, digital wouldn't work well if your internet is shut off. He's saying that's a strong possibility due to the current economic situation. I could be wrong, but I think you misunderstood.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview