News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gen 8 Lenovo Legion Slim 7 and Slim 7i are official with up to a Core i9-13900H/Ryzen 9 7940HS CPUs and RTX 4070 GPU

Started by Redaktion, March 23, 2023, 16:05:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has announced the 2023 Legion Slim 7i and Slim 7 devices with high-end Intel and AMD CPUs respectively. In addition to packing roughly the same internal hardware, the laptops feature optional per-key RGB illuminated keyboards, a plethora of ports including full-sized SD card slots, and 99.99 Wh batteries.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gen-8-Lenovo-Legion-Slim-7-and-Slim-7i-are-official-with-up-to-a-Core-i9-13900H-Ryzen-9-7940HS-CPUs-and-RTX-4070-GPU.702897.0.html

Dudebrow

Lenovo always overpricing their products , common there are available machines with similar specs "RTX 4060" at least €500 less

Hmm

These are areas the 2024 Legion Slim 7 must address:
- Add USB C 4/ThunderBolt with 140W+ charging, PD on rear
There is s free slot in the AMD model, why not use the empty space?)
- Offer white version like Asus G14
- Put 1x USB C port on left + 1x USB C on the right side
- All USB A and USB C ports need to have the same speed and specs
- USB C ports need to support 240W PD3.1 or at least 140W+ 3rd party chargers incl. Apple, Anker, Aukey, Baseus, Ugreen
- Use 35W AMD Ryzen HS CPUs and allocate 10W thermal savings to GPU
- Offer AMD+Nvidia with RTX 4090 (16GB, 135W). AMD CPU + AMD GPU has too many driver and performance issues in games like Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition (AoE2 DE)
- 99.9Wh battery maxed out unit should not weight more than a MacBook Pro Max 16" (2.15kg)
- Add Thermal Grizzly liquid metal on both CPU + GPU
- Add vapor chamber like with Legion 7 and Asus G14
- Maintain 1.5mm key travel
- Offer Windows Hello and power button fingerprint reader
- Offer 2x M.2 2280 slots (indifferent) for both AMD and Intel models, or improve cooling capacity (preferred)
- Make Legion Slim 7 easier to open with captive screws that do not fall out
- Smoothen all sharp corners
- Use faster SDXC card reader or use space for additional USB C port
- Offer lighter and more compact Legion GaN chargers

I am still waiting to see a ThinkPad X1 Extreme with 35W AMD HS CPU + Nvidia 16GB VRAM GPU. The ThinkPad Z16 is a buggy, slow and surprisingly heavy mess :(

pkPerformace

All those ***** complaining about price: go buy yourself a cheap plastic non premium garbage..
GPU: This is a creators/engineer laptop not a gamer laptop! It can run game pretty well, but it's not a dedicated gaming laptop, hence only 100w tgp! No 4090? If it had a 4090 It would cost 3.5-4k euros full spec, all these criers would cry even harder..
Too much weight?? I use an m1max 16 np carrying it. If you are bitching about 100grams, consider becoming a transsexual ****. I had no trouble carrying a 10kg backpack to school weighing 50kg at 13y old!! Stop crying about it like a bitch!

pkPerformace

Quote from: Dudebrow on March 24, 2023, 11:01:20Lenovo always overpricing their products , common there are available machines with similar specs "RTX 4060" at least €500 less

Buy yourself that plastic s*** than...many trash quality laptops out there for less, like the g14. Buy that crap than but don't cry about the price of a truly premium laptop!!

RobertJasiek

Instead of currently much overpriced upper notebooks, the alternative is not the cheap crap but a) waiting for prices to become reasonable, b) skipping this generation or c) desktops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview