News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

iPhone 15 and 15 Plus pass a durability test failed by the top-end 15 Pro Max

Started by Redaktion, September 27, 2023, 18:57:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus are made of aluminum, whereas their Pro and Pro Max counterparts have graduated to a first-gen titanium-alloy frame. However, according to a new bend-test video, the cheaper vanilla models are no less durable than their top-end siblings. Their new, unusually pale colorways did not get off so light in terms of criticism, however.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/iPhone-15-and-15-Plus-pass-a-durability-test-failed-by-the-top-end-15-Pro-Max.756344.0.html

Truther

What if i told you that Most phone & laptops aluminums are about 60-75% the strength of electronics premium Titanium, and that theres higher end aluminums that are on equal strength, hardness, & strength of those same titaniums....

anan

Quote from: Truther on September 28, 2023, 01:05:40What if i told you that Most phone & laptops aluminums are about 60-75% the strength of electronics premium Titanium, and that theres higher end aluminums that are on equal strength, hardness, & strength of those same titaniums....
This choice is likely down to cost. I was surprised as well that Apple went with "Ti".
And the strongest "Al" allow is still twice weaker than the strongest "Ti" alloy. But only as far as tensile strength is considered. Likely other factors are at play as well - like radio interference, heat transfer, scratch resistance.
NASA famously went with Al over Ti because Ti gets brittle in super extreme space cold.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview