News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell is equipping the XPS 15 7590 with different heatsinks depending on the configuration you buy

Started by Redaktion, July 21, 2019, 00:08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Contrary to Dell's service manual, not all XPS 15 7590 machines come with the same heatsink. Only the Core i9 models appear to have full VRM cooling, with Dell equipping the other SKUs with a slightly lesser cooler. As its predecessors demonstrated, all XPS 15 need active VRM cooling, so why the penny-pinching Dell?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-is-equipping-the-XPS-15-7590-with-different-heatsinks-depending-on-the-configuration-you-buy.427869.0.html

danielee0707

Can you please measure the temperatures on those exposed VRMs when you got an i5 or i7 to see if they are indeed heating up? Do we still need to pad the rest?

Mh

They're so cheap considering the asking price for the XPS line and their problems. Disappointing.

Stroopwafel

Hey, I think you mixed things up at the end. The final picture caption shows i7 for both when the bottom one should be i9. At least as far as I know

Bobber

Fg

My Inspiron 7590 has the i5-9300H processor and came with a heat sink with vrm cooling. With a repaste of the heat sink with A quality paste, the machine runs long builds of software with full 4 core load at 100% at the full turbo speed continuously. It is at 97-98 degrees then... They do seem to have tackled it in more than just the high end laptops

William

I wonder if I get the heatsink from the XPS 7590 i9 version, could I fit that to my XPS 9560, perhaps they still used the same motherboard layout?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview