News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Pocophone in a new avatar? Xiaomi launches the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro in India

Started by Redaktion, July 18, 2019, 09:45:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Xiaomi has officially launched the Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro in India. The K20 and K20 Pro offer a flagship-grade experience under the Redmi sub-brand and feature the latest Qualcomm SoCs, FHD+ AMOLED displays, a triple-camera setup, and a pop-up selfie camera. These phones are priced pretty competitively in the Indian market and Xiaomi has also announced several accessories for these phones including a 27 W fast charger and Mi Neckband Bluetooth earphones.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Pocophone-in-a-new-avatar-Xiaomi-launches-the-Redmi-K20-and-K20-Pro-in-India.427772.0.html

Martin82

So first the pro version was supposed to have super AMOLED and both versions were supposed to have dedicated audio chip...now suddenly the 9T doesn't have dedicated audio chip and the pro doesn't have super AMOLED. Is it just me or are they making too much compromises for "flagships"? And all this conflicting info on specifications from the start...i'm starting to get really disappointed in Xiaomi. The Mi 9T currently costs around 400Eur for the 128GB and for that price, there are way too many compromises in my book.

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Martin82 on July 18, 2019, 10:28:34
So first the pro version was supposed to have super AMOLED and both versions were supposed to have dedicated audio chip...now suddenly the 9T doesn't have dedicated audio chip and the pro doesn't have super AMOLED. Is it just me or are they making too much compromises for "flagships"? And all this conflicting info on specifications from the start...i'm starting to get really disappointed in Xiaomi. The Mi 9T currently costs around 400Eur for the 128GB and for that price, there are way too many compromises in my book.

The base Mi 9T starts at €299, though, which is pretty damn good.

Azzie

No stereo speakers, no SD card slot, glass back. This is a downgrade from Pocophone F1 in many ways.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Martin82 on July 18, 2019, 10:28:34
IMO, one should look at these phones only as flagships in the Redmi series but not flagships competing against other premium flagships such as the S10 or even the OP 7 Pro. When you look at flagship-killers, it's mostly about offering flagship SoC performance at near mid-range prices wherein finer aspects about the build usually take a backseat.
But you do get very good essential hardware such as the 48 MP sensor, enough RAM, and a decent DAC.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview