News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI laptop with Core i9-9880H outperforms Asus laptop with the exact same processor by 25 percent

Started by Redaktion, July 15, 2019, 06:20:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If you're in the market for a Core i9 laptop, you may want to skip the Asus Strix Scar III G531GW for the larger MSI GE75 9SG in order to get the most of what the Core i9-9880H can offer. The same CPU in the MSI is able to maintain faster clock rates for longer for a not insignificant performance advantage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-laptop-with-Core-i9-9880H-outperforms-Asus-laptop-with-the-exact-same-processor-by-25-percent.427635.0.html

Alexandr

And the fact that laptops of different form factors do not bother the author?
This is primarily an indicator of the difference in performance of 17" vs 15.6".

S.Yu

Quote from: Alexandr on July 15, 2019, 11:18:03
And the fact that laptops of different form factors do not bother the author?
This is primarily an indicator of the difference in performance of 17" vs 15.6".
lol, the 17" Blade is only 10% faster than the 15" with the same specs, by most measures.

Douglas Black

@Alexandr,

I believe laptop's performance should be judged based on their hardware, not chassis. If you want to measure a chassis, do so with units of length and weight.

Alexandr

Quote from: Douglas Black on July 15, 2019, 16:42:26
performance should be judged based on their hardware, not chassis.
The larger form factor, the more can be equipped with a laptop: it's the motherboard and cooling system. The latter can significantly affect the throttling, and therefore the overall performance under high loads.

trespot

Quote from: Alexandr on July 15, 2019, 17:40:37
Quote from: Douglas Black on July 15, 2019, 16:42:26
performance should be judged based on their hardware, not chassis.
The larger form factor, the more can be equipped with a laptop: it's the motherboard and cooling system. The latter can significantly affect the throttling, and therefore the overall performance under high loads.

So how do you explain the fact that Asus Strix Scar III G531GW is also behind the MSI P65 Creator 9SF-657 which is 15,6 inch and has a much smaller footprint.

Alexandr

Quote from: trespot on July 15, 2019, 22:22:52
So how do you explain the fact that Asus Strix Scar III G531GW is also behind the MSI P65 Creator 9SF-657 which is 15,6 inch and has a much smaller footprint.

And this is the correct discussion.
That's right, MSI has a 10% advantage.

My claim is to the author, who writes in the title that the difference is 25%. But you amd me see that this is not true and he compares "different things".
I just do not like "loud phrases" and such "marketing". I am for impartiality  ;)

Lakshay Kakkar

I think the Scar III in the review is power limit throttling. But when its power limit is raised using throttlestop, it will run as good as the MSI I believe. Although I have the i7 version, before unlocking the power limits it was limited to 60 watts and struggled to keep clocks high. But after raising the limit to 100 Watts it was used as high as 80-85 Watts during Cinebench and still remained below 90 degrees. Whereas I see MSI struggle at a mere 60 Watts at 90 degrees - Asus should smoke the MSI easily.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview