News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ got an update that locks users out randomly

Started by Redaktion, July 12, 2019, 13:50:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest update for the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10+ locked its users out, requiring them to enter a PIN and restarting repeatedly no matter what they entered. Unfortunately, it looks like performing a Factory data reset is the only solution available for those affected by this issue.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S10-and-S10-got-an-update-that-locks-users-out-randomly.427321.0.html

Chris 1166

I had this same issue present itself just recently on a Galaxy Tab S4.  My PIN didnt work, my remote device access didnt work, I couldn't use the software to restart because even that asked for the PIN.  After getting the same responses from Samsung customer service (either factory reset myself or send to a Samsung service center for the same), I figured out how to force a hard reboot.  Just holding the volume and power button shut down the device.  Upon reboot everything worked fine again.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview