News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Early reports suggest XPS 15 7590 still suffers from massive FPS drops while gaming

Started by Redaktion, July 11, 2019, 07:45:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It hasn't been long that Dell's latest XPS 15 7590 flagship have arrived in the hands of consumers, but there already seem to be reports of uneven and unplayable performance when gaming due to thermal issues.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Early-reports-suggest-XPS-15-7590-still-suffers-from-massive-FPS-drops-while-gaming.427252.0.html

Ariliquin

Sooooo, what Dell is saying to consumers is if you want decent gaming performance buy a Razer Blade. Cool will do. 

Douglas Black

Quote from: Ariliquin on July 11, 2019, 10:02:41
Sooooo, what Dell is saying to consumers is if you want decent gaming performance buy a Razer Blade. Cool will do.

Only if you don't mind zero support and a fire-hazard in your home ;)

Curmudgeon

If you want decent gaming performance without the fire risk, buy a fat laptop - simple as that.

gcraane

Quote from: Douglas Black on July 11, 2019, 10:30:36
Quote from: Ariliquin on July 11, 2019, 10:02:41

Only if you don't mind zero support and a fire-hazard in your home ;)

That would be the same if you bought an 51m from dellienware. haven't seen how many have kicked the bucket ? they've released software to throttle the system, while it already reaches 70/80C on 1080p

no wonder Dell can't fix the cooling of the XPS. as with their "gaming" line-up they've been having problems also since 2015 it all begin with the 17 R2 and 15 R1 melting the DC jack, and overheating VRM's

cosmopath

Just made an account so can't send links, but go on /r/Dell and search for a post called "XPS 15 7590 Frame Rates Drop" on the front page - yet another report of this issue has popped up.

ascariss

Not the best news for dell. Wanted to grab the new xps15 when it was on sale now but after seeing the posts on reddit, I am now reconsidering.  Razor looking like a better buy now, even if it costs more.

Pongolau

Jason Wang

I confirm this issue does exist.
Got my XPS 15 7590 on Christmas in July sale in Canada. Tried several games - all start with high FPS that quickly drops to 4-5 FPS rate.
E.g. Mafia III - from ~50-ish initial to 5fps in 2-3 min or so
Sniper Elite 4 - from 60 fps initial to 4-5fps in 2 min.
Even Skyrim SE dropped from 60 fps to 6 fps, then bounced back to 10-15, then back to 6-5fps.
There's pretty much no air flow near the vents but the fan noise is very audible. As if something is blocking the airflow.
I didn't open the laptop because I don't have the right tool (they have tapmer-proof fancy screws for the bottom cover). Returning the laptop while I still can. Nowhere near the quality of a $2000 laptop.

Rinshu

Also here to report this issue DOES exist. I was online searching for answers and found dozens of people with this issue. I just received a XPS 7590 for work use(thank god I didn't pay for it). I have a personal gaming laptop with a GTX1060 in it that runs most high demand games fairly impressively at 1080p. From everything I read the GTX1650 is supposed be pretty darn close to the GTX1060. And when the drops aren't ocurring it runs great. But in EVERY game I've tried, EVERY GAME, the dreaded FPS drop occurs. If this wasn't a work laptop I would have returned it before the bill even posted to my credit card.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview