News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel's upcoming "Comet Lake" processor family leaks online, prices could start at US$129 for a quad-core

Started by Redaktion, July 09, 2019, 19:59:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Intel Core "Comet Lake" processor family has leaked out along specifications of no less than 13 different SKUs, alongside most of their prices and rumors concerning the LGA 1159 platform. The quad-core i3-10100 will apparently carry a price tag of US$129 and the most affordable deca-core revealed by the leak — the i9-10800F — starts at US$409.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-s-upcoming-Comet-Lake-processor-family-leaks-online-prices-could-start-at-US-129-for-a-quad-core.427181.0.html

RicoViking9000

Orally pronouncing this series will be a new challenge, I guess saying 'ten' then the three letters and letter makes the most sense? Ten-600k for example

fdsofldmos

I think we are all bored bashing Intel about that 14nm +++++ tech. Sure, they f*****d up things with 10nm, so they had to get creative with what they had. So, I guess the cheapest way to improve things is to tweak that son of a biatch process until it reaches its top frequency (luckly for them it is in the 5.4Ghz region, so they still have room to play) and add more cores, cause why not. When AMD was in deep s***, like Intel is in now, they were pathetic. Intel at least tries to pump out better CPUs (I like their idea of removing GPU from the 10/20 core variant). Still, they desperately need that 10nm ++ tech.

Codrut Nistor

AMD was not pathetic when it was in deep s***, they struggled with what they had at their disposal - and for them it was far less than Intel has now. Did it seem that I was bashing Intel for being stuck on 14 nm (now +++) ? They could hit 14 nm ++++++++++ for all I care, as long as it keeps AMD in check and does not allow them to push prices sky high, it's a win for all consumers. As a side note, I love AMD and have been using only their chips (and Radeon carts starting back in the ATI days) for almost two decades, and now I am stuck with Intel and NVIDIA (i3 2120 and GTX 750 Ti). No matter what I love as a brand, when I decide to do a major system upgrade, I only take into account the products that provide me the best bang for the buck ratio and, in some cases, I focus on reliability alone. That's why my next UPS - if I need to change my existing APC one - will be made by APC for sure, and my next PSU - if I don't die before my Seasonic Fanless Platinum decides to stop working - will be made by Seasonic.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview